The Virus TI2 desktop made me sell all my synths

Ok will put pants back on and resume verbal combat :grin:

2 Likes

definitely one of my favorite setups is my OT VI combo. once you get midi setup up properly and mapped its nothing but fun.

19 Likes

Hi electroetiquette, where did you get the stand from? Or is it DIY?

i made that a couple of years ago. i’ve been thinking about making a new version as this one is a bit tight between the back of the OT and the TI. too much pressure on the 1/4” cables.

1 Like

We don’t have to be agree. If it’s a good synth for you : you will be productive with it and take pleasure in exploring sound synthesis with it. it’s all about that at the END, if you get things done for you because of it, price and age doesn’t count then. Because it’s unlock the most important door.

2 Likes

Buy the Nord 4 now. Like a Lead 2 on steroids. Sounds really good

hi here on the first photo you can check virus and peak racked working as a team

Looks like a Moog voyager rack with the Virus :thinking:

2 Likes

sorry for the misinformation

How could they give up the drum modes on the new nord leads… I don’t get it

1 Like

How about a nord modular sample chain for your AR then ? :grinning:

–> https://assets.bontards.com/upload/db/db564b259c2375cc5e5c10fcf3efc2f78ee01c17/chainnord.wav

3 Likes

I don’t really buy the “dated” thing tbh. Maybe some of the presets have been rinsed, but imo, it’s a great workhorse. Easier to program than say - Kronos or Blofeld (which I also own). Great modulation capability. Some interesting architectural stuff, which you don’t tend to find in hardware synths. I don’t use it in isolation though, I combine it with various other bits and pieces of kit.

I have the original Ti desktop and wouldn’t mind grabbing another Ti too, for backup.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just get right-angle cables, problem solved. Looks like an amazing compact setup!

2 Likes

I have a Virus C, and while it’s a beast, it’s not FUN to program. So many menus and crazy little things here and there. You can create insane sounds with tons of modulation, but it can be such a drag to actually work with. I’ll never sell it, but I almost never enjoy the process with it like I do with my 0Coast or AnalogFour.

1 Like

Hence the non-writable presets

I wonder if they improved the workflow much from the C to the TI2 because it seems quite logical to me. I like how you can edit everything with the knobs, on a basic level. But if you want deeper parameters like more complex oscillator settings or deeper FX editing, there’s edit buttons located near every section to bring you to those pages. It seems like the best of both worlds to me; enough on the surface, but deeper complexities for those who want to dig in.

1 Like

Of all the soft synths and hard synths, with editors, that I have owned the TI GUI is by far may favourite.
A really neat and elegant design with a very good integrated browser, which is handy as there are nearly 6,000 free presets available for the Virus TI.

1 Like

Oh I’m not denying the front panel having tons of stuff. But for everything that’s on the front, there’s like a million things underneath. Modulation, FX settings, Oscillator settings - it’s never ending.

That’s what I like so much about this synth. I guess I wouldn’t mind if the advanced oscillator parameters were more exposed considering I go for them so often.

1 Like

Yeah. I mean, if they had everything on the front it’d either be all small knobs or a huge front plate. I get their choices, but it just feels kind of cumbersome sometimes. Don’t get me wrong, the Virus is a beast and I get some bananas stuff out of it, but I just wish it were quicker to program.