The unspeakable horror

not sure if elektron support can provide the window. but it shouldn’t be difficult to make a diy one in case they dont

as mentioned earlier the replacement process requires a bit of a skill but it is perfectly possible to do it a home

Thanks… 20 pins… I don’t know if I’m competent enough to desolder that many pins.

desoldering in this case probably is waste of time and too risky. cutting pins followed by removal is the way to go i would say…

1 Like

https://www.winstar.com.tw/products/oled-module/graphic-oled-display/oled-128x64.html
they do green yellow white and blue

an opportunity to customise your unit :wink:

The green screen finally arrived from China today and I got it installed along with a new plastic window from Elektron. Not quite as deep a green as I expected and it sits a millimetre or two lower in the window that the original screen but what the heck, I have a customized Digitakt now. Unfortunately my phone camera doesn’t really convey how it looks irl

18 Likes

I’ve got one in white :wink:

23 Likes

well at least you had another around while one was sick!

I feel your pain though. I dropped an Acidlab Miami onto my Cwejman S1 and broke the velocity switch. and then shortly after, Wowa Cwejman died and nobody will return my requests for repair. and this synth easily costs five times what a Digitakt does… ugh. these damn precious toys!

I bought a nearly new one a day or so later. I was planning to sell the new one after the repair but I might keep both of them around for a while.

2 Likes

Ooh, I’ve often wondered what that would be like, especially for sending midi from one to the other to modulate the FX with midi LFOs etc

Yeah I’m seeing the potential benefits already. I now have another midi out to control the polymoon with so I can postpone buying a merge box a while longer.

1 Like

The green one reminds me of my old Amstrad from the 80s! Looks good.

4 Likes

Great pics, shit instructions

Instructions? Desolder the led board (20 pins).

1. Remove the white plastic stays holding the led board in place… I had to cut the ends off the two on the pins side with a stanley knife to remove them.
  2. The tricky bit… starting from one side heat the pins on the top of the led board with a soldering iron whilst pulling the board upwards. once it starts to come away it comes off quite quickly, a bit like pulling a tooth out.
  3. Clean off any excess solder and bits of debris with soldering iron… chisel tip is best for this
  4. Position new board on the pins and use the 2 still good plastic stays to hold in place… solder the 20 pins (a bit tricky). use the other plastic stays on the other side or maybe you can use something better
  5. Reattatch to the board, plug in and pray.

Thank you sir, tis sad that i’m now looking at my takt with an evil eye to break the screen

I want a Digitakt screen cover in the same color as the func button with black Digitakt text.

Well if it isn’t broken already, don’t try to fix it… that’s the best advice I can offer.

So eventually, what display did you order? Link/part number?

Sorry, I don’t have the part number. I bought it on Alibaba.com and there is no part number listed on the invoice. I showed the guy this… WEO012864J - Nijkerk Electronics … and asked if he had the same or the equivalent in green. Tbh it’s probably not much cheaper than buying one from direct from Elektron,

What a lovely shade. It reminds me of that Green River soda I had sometimes as a kid.