The unspeakable horror

It’s OK, I can see the funny side.

1 Like

Outch.

I wonder if I could solely rely on muscle memory… :sunglasses:

Ask Elektron how much the repair is, just to know.

Maybe some people could manage it but I’m a bit long in the tooth and my memory for anything at all isn’t that great. I contacted Elektron already and the price for repair is fair… the postage cost is main issue. I’m hoping they can use economy postage. I’m not in a great hurry as I bought nearly new DT today as a replacement .

1 Like

I bet Cenk could run on pure muscle memory

2 Likes

Cenk could work every Elektron ever made blindfolded and still kick the shit out of our tunes. But that’s just not a fair comparison haha.

3 Likes

dude, shoulda been a warning on this thread, that was very unsettling … :unamused:

2 Likes

Indeed, (heart) breaking news…

Noooooo

I dropped a Werkstatt from the top of my bookshelf onto a tile floor a few weeks back and the little fucker lived, albeit the case has a nice crunched corner now. Falling gear is never fun, but glad this one is repairable

1 Like

It’s just a flesh wound, could have been worse!

I swapped a Digitakt display and I wouldn’t recommend it unless you have proper tools and knowledge to de-solder the display without ruining the PCB.

4 Likes

Thanks, I already gave up on that idea. I was just hoping that maybe there was a solution which involved plugs and pins but no way am I going near it with a soldering iron.

2 Likes

No shoe print?
Condolences, but take comfort that for every destroyed instrument there are a thousand memes in the making :partly_sunny:

Is there a standalone Overbridge interface for the DT?

yes there is

I didn’t step on it… it was in collision with a falling Nord Rack 3 during a switcharound.

When you’re falling I will catch you

Damn crash, but repairable. You can order spare parts and find someone who can do solder work around your area. Should be no problem for someone with a it experience. Otherwise you could practice and do it yourself? Btw. How is the Nord going ?

Overbridge let’s you edit all parameters in the meanwhile, but you would sacrifice e.g. parameterlocks.

Do not worry,
I also received a replacement display for my A4.

the Nord is fine, it was more case of it sliding from my from a keyboard rack whilst adjusting the support arms than a freefall crash. I don’t know why but Overbridge isn’t seeing the Digitakt at the moment so I’ll have to get that sorted again. Do you know how roughly many pins would need to be soldered? I have done soldering before. If I could get a diagram of what to do it would be easier to make a decision.

I’ve never disassembled an Elektron, so this is speculative:

If I’m understanding the scenario correctly, your Nord impacted the Digitakt such that it blew out the display?

It is possible that the impact was strong enough to damage the traces, vias or component pads on the PCB. If you open the Digitakt up and examine the PCB, there may be visible damage. In that case, you probably want a replacement PCB rather than just a display.