The Tula usb Mic.... anyone try one yet, how is the quality?

really no one?

thinking about giving this one a try

1 Like

https://instagram.com/truecuckoo has shown this mic several times on his insta account. Maybe there’s something in his post’s it story archive!

1 Like

cool, will have to see what cuckoo thinks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here’s the link!
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CN79g0iH1aS/?igshid=kj1g29m7yn1j

1 Like

thank you… doesn’t sound too bad imo, def sounds better than his phone but that’s to be expected… might be just the ticket for podcasting

Have you had a look at the Zoom H2N?

It doesn’t have noise reduction, but it does come with a HPF, limiter, and compressor. I personally like external storage (SD cards).

1 Like

haven’t checked that one out yet, thanks for the tip

This tech reporter uses for his podcast - imo great mic 7 recorder; the noise cancellation is the best feature; cardioid and omni outputs as well

1 Like

Old news i’m sure but just picked one up. And for real, it’s crazy good. That extra mhz and the transducer really makes a difference. The features work seamlessly (the mute button comes in handy and the lav mode is solid). I got a few tascams and Zooms and different USB mics and this one within a week made some of my mics obsolete. Ridiculously crisp even when two feet away. The noise cancellation works as advertised.

3 Likes

thanks for your insights

I love mine… Take it with me everywhere to remember lyrics, and actually use it as a studio mic a lot… It sounds really good… not as good as my expensive stuff… But good for a different flavor. It sounds almost like a ribbon mic but more hi-fi.

1 Like

does it work with your mpc?

No… It only works at 48khz… mpc is 44.1khz. I talked to the owner and he talked to his engineers about adding support in the next update. Until then I just plug it in, no big deal.

3 Likes

lol I can’t decide which color, love the look of the Tula

Anyone got any more experience with these? Seem to be getting hyped a fair amount recently. Like the idea of it, but maybe I’m better keeping my money and putting it into a better field recorder

I’m still interested in them as well, decided back then to give them some time and see how their story goes

My honest opinion is, almost anything is better and easier with a top of the line field recorder that will cost about the same. The only reason I would recommend this over a tascam or zoom which I also have, it’s if you love the sound of it, which it does have a sound and is noticably better in this regard, and the other reason is that tascam and zoom have a new model every year, they’re is only one tula, so resale will be better and it is special… but organizing files and recording is way harder. Sorry for the run on sentence.

3 Likes

Many thanks!

I picked one of these up on an open box discount, mostly because I wanted/needed a good portable mic that didn’t require phantom power. I’ll post back whenever I get it and share any thoughts or feelings. Overall I’m more interested in using it truly as a portable mic for OP-Z, M8, or Deluge onboard sampling with higher audio, and also reusing it probably as my main voice comms mic for work (lame, but probably my most hours spend using a microphone these days :frowning: ). I also plan to use it as a field recorder periodically, but size was really important because stuff like Zoom h4/h6 is just too big for me.

I’m thinking of it a bit like OP-Z, actually. Is it the most feature-rich? Nah. Is it the cheapest? Also no. But its size and features align pretty perfectly with what I need, and the things it’s missing aren’t particularly important to me.

2 Likes