The Syntakt Feature Request Thread

Sounds interesting! Do you record it into the Syntakts internal sequencer for p-locks and stuff? Or keep it separate?

It depends on the project but, yes, I usually record the sequences into the Syntakt and then add any p-locks. I found sequencing and performing a whole track from the Squid got confusing pretty quickly, but as a creative source of melodic ideas itā€™s great.

It was the Syntaktā€™s lack of an arpeggiator that made me try it, and using the Squidā€™s harmoniser feeding its arp (filtered to a key and scale if required) has been a bit of a revelation.

2 Likes

Sounds very similar to the way I use the keystep37, I just had a look at the Squid and it looks quite a beast. It would be great if Elektron could add some clever melodic tools to their sequencers.

1 Like

Seems like another few wavetables added to the SY Chord machine would go a long ways. Yeah, wavetables can sound kind of similar, but locking people into just one feels a little on the skimpy side, especially when it would probably be relatively easy to add more.

Cā€™mon Elektron, I know you got it in you!

3 Likes

Got it. Sounds like an interesting combo. Havenā€™t tested at the Squid. Have to say it looks pretty cool.
Iā€™m somewhat obsessed with things like chord sequencers, grooves and swing knobs :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I remember a post Ess made a while ago about the nature of the wavetable in the chord machine. In order to get four oscillators in one track they only use a single wavetable that isnā€™t band limited. To prevent aliasing they donā€™t use any waves with too high of harmonics. I wonder if what you are hearing is some kind of interaction between the simple wavetable with distortion.

1 Like

So your feature request is to remove the Chord machine? :aw:

1 Like

Would love to be able to ā€œarmā€ live record and then have it start (and capture from) first trigger/input.
Would be good for all the boxes TBH and seems (from my layman view) pretty simple?

5 Likes

Sorry, i should be more constructive. Polyphony and a proper wavetable machine would be really interesting

4 Likes

more FX please! I just listened to some old recordings where I had just used my A4ā€™s chorus and reverb and they sound amazing, Iā€™d love those algorithms and FX on the Syntakt, I can never get on with itā€™s reverb for some reason, shame I no longer have the A4 to compare them.

1 Like

8 Likes

ahahaha really! Oh I feel like a silly sausage now! Maybe because my A4 was a mk1 I assumed they were different. Definitely going to dig in a bit more now, I totally overlooked the INF mode.

1 Like

A Chorus, a Chorus my kingdom for a Chorus.

When I apply a chorus to the outputs of the syntakt it transforms the sy chord machine from an ugly duckling into a thing of beauty.

But, I canā€™t leave it setup this way because percussion sounds sound shyte when played through a chorus.

6 Likes

Iā€™d like to have LFO presets. In the same way you select from a list of machines for the oscillator section, the LFO page could let you select from a list of presets. That way configuring all the LFO settings can be sped up significantly, and youā€™d also be able to shift between different configurations quick and easy. This applies to other elektron products as wellā€¦

7 Likes

Iā€™ve yet to try it but I imagine you could fake a chorus/flanger/doubler using the delay. And then get creative with retrigs to emulate traditional delay-like sounds.

Not the most elegant solution, but perhaps a workable solution until they hopefullly add some more effects to the amp page

I think this is a great idea. I would also like Effects presets for reverb delay and the FX track.

3 Likes

Yep! Hereā€™s a link to a demo and detailed settings for chorus, flanger, and phaser, including modulated delay, doubling and detuning tracks, etcā€¦Chorus on Syntakt: how-to and discussion

Monomachine machines please! Thank you!

8 Likes

-Polyphony
-Control all machine
-Control All individual voices toggle on Trig page 2 or menu
-More percussion machines
-More synthesis types
-Compressor

The machines i use are Tone, Bits, Swarm, and all the analog ones

4 Likes
  1. Quantization of scales in the trig menu
  2. Arp