The Syntakt Feature Request Thread

…if you notice it before you’ve hit something else.

1 Like

Yeah, but still nice to have either way! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’d be cool to have the ability to name the controls on the Midi CC control (Filter) page. At the minute they are called Val1…Val8. Thinking this would be much easier to do in Overbridge rather than coding it on the unit’s firmware and to me at least it would be acceptable to be doing that type of config on a computer. Also same for the DT and DN…

2 Likes

More non-audio machines!

I don’t own one but I’d love to see a performance machine and a slide machine that can effect the entire pattern. Maybe lfo machines for extra modulation? Or neighbor machines?

I’m praying that the midi machines make it to the Rytm and that they can be used alongside a track in the same choke group without choking the neighboring voice!

5 Likes

A Swing parameter for the Delay.

A straight delay on swing patterns just doesn’t work.

4 Likes

hello everyone
i made a list!
it is a bit long but don’t get me wrong, i love the device! it is already super powerful, so thanks elektron! all we need to do is be creative:)

1. control all :
    it would be nice if we can choose which tracks we want to control in this mode instead of just every tracks

2. trig modifiers :
    -a third mode in which we can apply the modifiers on the running sequence
    -all parameters of the machines should be in the modifiers destinations (don’t know if possible?)

3. when pressing function to mute, the green leds are not as bright as in mute mode, why not? it is difficult to read the lights this way

4. master fx :
    -being able to choose different types of distortion
    -compressor

5. step recording mode :
    if we can : function + left/right : move the trigs
    why not : function + up/down : transpose the trigs!
    modifier setup could be accessed only when step recording isn’t active.

6. a mode where you can use the syntakt as a polyphonic synth :
    incoming midi notes are spread on the channels of the tracks each time a new note is sent
    also : no need to press TRK to control all, so you can play the synth with one hand and modify the sound with your other hand

7. portamento

8. arpeggiator in a second trig page

9. more filter modes for the digital machines

10. rhythmdroid’s idea of adding bit rate reduction to the overdrive knob is great!!

11. new machines : suprise me!

12. Dublo said the hi-pass filter should be fully open instead of already cutting the whole spectrum and i agree!

12 Likes

Here’s what I’d like to see added.

1. Master compressor.

2. Dual mono inputs - with separate volume/pan and delay/reverb sends.

3. Arpeggiator - user programmable, like the one on the Analog Four.

4. Dual VCO machine - (a) Poly Mode (b) Square Wave

5. Respect chosen scale when selecting notes on the Trig page.

6. Transpose Tracks up/down within chosen scale.

7. Brighter lights on the Quick Mute page.

8. More digital filter types.

9. Portamento with auto mode (for pitch slides) for all digital SY machines and Dual VCO machine.

10. Solo tracks

11. Live quantise of the M1 modifier (Retrig) to keep it in time with the pattern.

12. Save pattern chains

13. Track playback modes - forward, reverse, invert, random. Ability to set start/end Trigs.

Oh, and of course I would very happy if more machines were added over time :slight_smile:

9 Likes

My wishes for the next firmware update:
17 lfo’s, a pitch bend wheel and more knobs.
That’s all. You greedy people with your endless wish lists!

3 Likes

Demo pattern A3 has some really nice 303 glides. He used a LFO for this.

1 Like

Nothing greedy about spend 1k on a device and expecting it to be as useful as possible…

1 Like

That’s true. It was meant as a joke. I like my Syntakt but i also want more features. And i agree, it was expensive enough. And i seriously want those 17 lfo’s. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I love the Syntakt as is. Honestly I don’t think I’ll ever let it go. Personally, additional features would be icing on the cake :slight_smile:

1 Like

30 LFO’s ideally :100::rofl:

1 Like

1 LFO per parameter! :smiley:

2 Likes

Someone mentioned the idea of having the option to use the 4 modifiers (13-16) as MIDI tracks instead of chewing into the 12 audio tracks. Seconded.

Also, on all the Digi machines, it would be amazing if each MIDI track could be optionally set to loop back internally instead of requiring a cable.

But honestly, I bought the Syntakt for what it is, and I’m already pleased with the rapid bug fixes and quality of life improvements in 1.01, so I’m pretty happy.

2 Likes

It would be nice to be able to adjust the Filter Keytrack from the second page of FLTR rather than have it buried in the sound menu.

14 Likes

Would love the mixer page to have metering

7 Likes
3 Likes

Ability to copy the fx track and paste to another pattern. I find this to be quite the oversight imo. Im relegated to copying each parameter page.

1 Like

i don’t know if it was already asked by community but something cool would be possibility to have internal rooting midi tracks to regular tracks.
i mean right now we have to use a midi cable from physical MIDI OUT port plugged into physical MIDI IN port to use MIDI channels controling regular channels, it would be so nice to have this but rooted direcly inside the device so no midi cable needed and physical midi ports can be used for other gears. :wink: