The Syntakt Feature Request Thread

It doesn’t. I’ll have to see if doing that while holding the modifier button would work.

No, and I have no idea why … it’s good to have workflow similarities between devices

It’s also insanely tedious to save sounds, a few familiar and expedient shortcuts have missed the cut at release, so there’s hope I guess that in time these quality of life fixes can catch up with all the bells and whistles

5 Likes

A machine with square wave osc would be nice, Or an analog square but not sure if thats possible or it would probably be there already… unless theres a trick for getting a square wave? I’m sure I read about a pulse width trick but cant find it again now.

Linking tracks would also be welcome, especially for the impulse machine, so that TRC trigs always fire together.

1 Like

It doesn’t work as you’re hoping currently, i.e. the modifiers are always for creating note input into or over the sequence - they don’t affect the sequenced data

Ah that’s malarky! Booooo!

1 Like

Not analog one but the SY BITS machine have a square form and pulse width ability…

6 Likes

Whoah thanks, I completely missed that! I’ll have to check it out :slight_smile:

You’re welcome. I even don’t have the Syntakt… :slight_smile: I’ve just red the manual few times (for now)…

3 Likes

Idk if this has been said or not, but a way to lock the fx mutes on the sequencer while being able to switch between filter/amp/etc pages would be great.

On the fly FX track muting with the left hand, and switching between pages tweaking filters on the right hand. Did anyone else wish they could do this?

2 Likes

Feature request:

Organize and filter sounds (presets) by machine

I only want to see the SY BITS presets

or only the SY TONE presets

That’d be cool

20 Likes

While messing with my Syntakt, and trying the keyboard modes I had an idea pop into my head.

You know how [TRIG] + [YES] does preview?
What if you could use [REC] + [YES] to lock the current track into this preview mode.
Pressing on any lit trig would play it, and the blanks would do nothing. It would skip you needing to press [YES] when in this “Preview Lock” mode.

This would allow you to set up a track with a bunch of trigs with different p-locks, and then play them like a sound board / launcher / custom keyboard.

It could work on other Elektron devices, for example on the DT you could have different slices, samples, etc.

Might be a really nice performance feature.

8 Likes

Also. Give us the option to make the pattern button sticky. One finger pattern selection is way nicer than two finger combos. Just want the pattern page to stay lit

3 Likes

Ability to set a track as a slave, with a menu to select the master track and mode type.

MODE 1 = polychain.
For example set tracks 2, 3 and 4 as slave with master 1. And tracks 6, 7 and 8 as slave with master 5.
Here you will get 2 4 voice polyphonic synths.

MODE 2 = link
For example set tracks 2, 3 and 4 as slave with master 1.
Here you will get all 4 voices trigger together with track 1.

In polychain mode, the master can control all the slave voices from a single screen. But the slave voices can still be accessed to create offsets from the master. This way we can get that vintage voice divergence sound. Each voice would be slightly different in pitch, filter, envelope speeds etc, creating a rich vintage analog poly setup.
Of course, this would pair nicely with a new digital machine…SY VA, a virtual analog OSC (similar to DVCA). Run all 8 voices through the analog FX block and you get a really convincing 8 voice analog poly synth that can sound vintage (if you want it to)

5 Likes

i found it! you hold func and turn the Data encoder, then you can audition with “yes” since youre already holding down “func”, then release func and press YES to load. not too bad

maybe thats obvious to some, but i’ve never loaded patches to tracks that way in any other elektron box. i’ve used the data encoder for sound locks from the sound pool when holding down trigs, but never func+data to quick enter sound browser

i feel like saving sounds isnt too bad, reminds of the digitone. close enough anyway. i just wish it would exit the sample browser screen once you save the sound so you didnt have to do an extra “no” press out of there to continue working. thats new

1 Like

That method was what I was moaning about as being ‘insufficient’, I’m used to the double tap thing and Fn+Encoder/Data aren’t always close to one another, so it’s a better (completely one handed) fail safe method to load … so I’m hoping for more :wink:

yep, ugh, not nice … especially if you do lots of sound design

I’ll flesh this idea out further soon, but something to go straight to the save menu (again as is possible on multiple devices already) would be a life saver (with no hoops to jump through on the way out either - currently the save exit procedure is very disconcerting)

something like extending this existing ui shortcut …

[Function] + (tap)[…]{sound}

which currently takes you to the overall sound menu which is vital for design shortcuts, so you may already be one layer deeper/removed from the save menu

could be extended (again as per functionality existing on many devices) with

:thup: [Function] + (long press)[…]{sound}

will immediately invoke as a
save sound here confirmation,
followed by a sharp exit

I understand ambiguity can be an issue, so maybe TRK can be substituted for FUNC

and there’s no reason I can figure out why

:thup: (Double Tap)[TRK]

can’t open the Sound Browser (again as per other devices)
currently nothing happens and it doesn’t appear to create a conflict afaict

maybe this will happen, but it needs reiterating, especially if you have prior workflow established on other :3lektron: boxes - #synergyFTW

1 Like

The fact that the soundbrowser doesn’t block off saved sounds that can’t be loaded into certain tracks when you’re on it is annoying as hell. It needs an icon or something that lets you know if it’s a digital, analog, or cymbal track sound. 2048 sounds possible and I’m supposed to remember if they can be on tracks 1-8, 9-11, or 12? Come on!

6 Likes

?

It does though, if you are on a Digital Track, only viable sounds are shown
If analog, same

If you are sound locking from the pool - there are ! symbols end of line, plus the text is shown with a frame when hovering over it, as opposed to inverted black/white to highlight viable (as per above in normal browser mode, although not ‘stretched’)

It’s not especially ‘dynamic’ when changing Tracks currently - that might be considered an oversight or bug, but it is already aware of the nature of the sound

yeh i understand. i would prefer that too. i was just unaware that there was even a shortcut option for this on the syntakt at all. i thought you had to go to the menu, sound browser, load to track. but i dont think this method is that band. it would be ideal if it were two [track] taps though, i agree

1 Like

Oh weird! Ok. So here’s why I thought it wasn’t showing that. I clicked on track 1, opened the sound browser (FUNC+LEVEL) and then chose track 9. The list didn’t change until I closed and reopened it. I do see that it works properly now.

1 Like

yeah this is the thing with me. in order to make the composition/track building workflow go more smoothly, i often do sound design beforehand. and im constantly saving very simple patches, and then once i like something, i will save every single iteration throughout the patching process. its a lot of tinkering>saving>messing around>saving>slight nudge>saving. double tapping [no] in between that process every time is very irritating. i even have the movement for the number of arrow keys and yes taps to get through the tag saving menu subconsciously memorized so i can get tagged and saved in under a second. i dont like having a new extra step there

especially since my elektron muscle memory has already developed the alternative way

2 Likes