The Syntakt Feature Request Thread

Pretty sure you can accomplish that with the digital cymbal machines.

Can we get Sysex dumping of SOUNDS like on the Digitone?

1 Like

ok now that I actually have my syntakt, here are my requests:

• solo mode, donā€™t feel the need on DN since it only has 4 tracks, but ST has 12ā€¦
  • arp
  • portamento and accents

I feel the above could be achievable via firmware update.

Would be awesome to also have the below, although not sure how feasible:

• Kits
  • Sample player machine
7 Likes

How do you know it got the memory for this? I guess the Syntakt is relatively packed with circuits, because of the analog parts.
Get a Digitakt or Octatrack. Thatā€™s the Elektron philosophy. Itā€™s never all in one. Every device has a certain personality.

They wonā€™t slap a half-baked sampling capability on it.

I canā€™t test it at the moment as Iā€™m on travel, but I think you just need to turn the amp envelope to full ADSR on the second amp page, or turn up the hold time to note, if you are using the AHD envelope. If you put in the trigs using the step sequencer, make sure you turn up the note length on the trig page.

1 Like

I donā€™t own one (yet), and realise the firmware is only at 1.0, but it seems that with 12 tracks already set up, why not go the whole 9 yards, & allow steps 13-16 be another 4 tracks dedicated to midi &/or control machines. ie. take a leaf from its Machinedrum heritage and adopt the CTR-8P/CTR-ALL machines, and/or even a ā€œPerformance-Modeā€ machine a la Analog Four, where multiple parameters can be assigned to each encoder.

The heritage is all there to raid and re-use. Sad to see some great features fall by the wayside as these newer products come out.

4 Likes

Ok, user error. Deleted my rant.

You need to set the Amp Envelope to Hold Time=Note. Then it will sustain notes (on the Chord Machine), independent of SYN page decay setting, which will aquire release functionality.

1 Like

+1 Arp
+1 Chorus
+1 Microtonal tuning (as @whim suggested), but also scale modes/keyboard layout (why not?)
+1 Solo mode

2nd Page on some of the Machines, for extra parameters/fine tuning (no problem if those parameters are not visibile on CTRL-ALL)

Possibly an option for changing the default behaviour of muting from muting sequencers trigs to audio tracks (useful for muting synth drones for example without changing audio track levels)

4 Likes

I want the Syntakt to be an OT combined with an AR but better. Waiting for the next firmware updateā€¦ :slight_smile:

im not sure what was possible on the md or mnm, but i feel like one of the most appealing features would be more general interaction between tracks/machines. such as cross modulation, feedback, phase/freq shifting, maybe a dumbed down version of mutable warps style vocoding with the ability to use another track machine as modulator. maybe some sort of master bus resnator that could be pinged with trigs on the master track

i think the master fx block could have massive potential if they were to add more master effects. they wouldnt be analog, obviously, but imagine even something like a ffb or phase shifter on that fx track that could interact with whichever tracks are sent into it

on a potentially even more unrealistic note, it would be cool to have a lil phase distortion synth machine. bits seems close, but iā€™d like to see the two wave shifting in the animation and the envelopes are already included. that may be a dumb one

at itā€™s been mentioned, but i keep finding myself wishing i had an extra a4 style envelope with assignable mod destinations. ive been using both lfos as envelopes, so by the time i get to the audio rate modulation stage, im out of mod sources. i do suppose the synth machines have a4 "(pwm) style dedicated envelopes built in, so that will definitely work in the meantime

this would be ideal. i would be so happy if i could use the modifier tracks for midi out

and to reiterate, double tap + [TRACK] opens chromatic-mode-preview-able sound browser page. also 1 [NO] to exit after Save Sound menu

2 Likes

Since the machines are digital (except the 4 tracks), hopefully they will give us more new machines in the futureā€¦ sort of like what arturia did by putting noise engineering oscillators on the microfreak

Still would love a compressor in the fx tracks though

So many possibilitiesā€¦

And keyboard fold/scales on the digitone plz

2 Likes

I know itā€™s a dream, but Iā€™m quietly hoping Elektron planned to add sample playback to the Syntakt. That would be the icing on the icing on the cake.

3 Likes

Hello, do you know if in any of the machines the oscillator has feedback waveform option like analog four?

ā€¦just to repeat myself and as a little reminder and underliner for the developers watching thisā€¦

a spelling machineā€¦
a vowel machineā€¦
hardsync to the modifiers and combining them with arp options that can adress the scalesā€¦
a modifier mode that worx like control all, just for 4 picked exclusive parametersā€¦
and damnā€¦please bring otā€™s comb filter backā€¦make it another digital filter to chooseā€¦

oh, and a modifier mode to predefine various propabilties in values and targetsā€¦

4 Likes

Already possible

My Sysex dump menu doesnā€™t have a SOUNDS section like the DN. I could only do one at a time via Transfer, it seemed.

1 Like

From sound manager you can select more, but if a specific menu is lacking previous flexibility then +1 here

Sorry, I thought you meant no exporting options found !

1 Like

A 303 emulation would be cool + slide /glide.

5 Likes

So Iā€™ve been using the syntakt to sequence my other synths and so far using the scale lock with trig conditions has really opened up my compositions. Sequencing poly synths and then playing on top of them with the keyboard has been an amazing experience.

If this thing could somehow handle 6-8 voice polyphony on midi recordings it could potentially be the only sequencer I would need.

Iā€™m thinking about buying a Squarp pyramid in a few weeks and eventually a hapax but this has been quite an amazing experience so far.

Iā€™m pretty sure u can play more than 4 notes live but the sequencer wonā€™t catch more than 4 per step.

Either way. I donā€™t think this was intended to be a master sequencer but itā€™s really opened some doors for me in the generative music space with the trig conditions and the way I can play up and down octaves so smoothly I feel like a well seasoned pianist.

Sorry for the long post. But I love this machine and wouldnā€™t expect a big sequencer update. But if it can handle more polyphony i would be forever grateful <3

3 Likes

Super yes to no. 3!

2 Likes