The Syntakt Feature Request Thread

Letting this behavior be affected by some setting somewhere else would, in my opinion, be really confusing, and you would quickly reach Octatrack leves of why can’t I hear any sound but why can’t I change the note in semesters? So this is one of those features that I really hope they don’t implement.

To each their own I guess :slight_smile:

I’m trying to understand what you mean. Maybe I’m not getting it.

Like @Skwelch said, you could have a lock to scale toggle switch in the Trig menu. If you want to enter notes not in the scale, do a p-lock on that trig, turning the lock to scale toggle off, and enter the note that is not in that scale.

2 Likes

Sure thing, I never meant it as a “A or B” but rather both. That they include the option the choose if the track should be scalelocked or not, just like with the M8. It’s such a simple implementation.

1 Like

No. There is a script sending CCs on all concerned channels.

2 Likes

Could you elaborate on that script? I haven’t heard of it, and thought that you’d have to control the parameters via CTRL-ALL (which effectively would make the Syntakt merely a big polysynth and not so much a multitimbral synth, since I don’t wanna goof my jam with CTRL-ALL).

This script doesn’t seem well known but it suits better my needs. (CCs and held notes)
RK002 polyphony question - #2 by sezare56

2 Likes

Ooooh didn’t spot that!

1 Like

Pitch quantisation of LFOs

5 Likes

Thanks a lot for sharing, friendo :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t know what feature to request for that, but I just deleted a great part of my laborously tweaked song thanks to FUNC + arrows deleting, instead of going faster up or down (out of habit, since I always press func + arrows to move around in lists on Elektrons) -______________________-

(As usually I have some incremental copies, though)

4 Likes

Ouch!

2 Likes

I’d like to adjust the swing percentage by using the up and down arrow keys while the tempo page is in focus. It would be similar to adjusting swing on the RYTM and A4. To me this is more accurate and it seems possible, since it seems that the up and down arrow keys aren’t currently mapped to anything on the tempo page.

3 Likes

You can set up a basic chorus by modulating the delay time via the fx track lfo :slight_smile:

1 Like

Plz Sir, can we have more machines plz sir?
Another digital kick(s) and hi hat machines plz sir?
Plz sir, option to have all pitch related adjustments/modulations happen in scale too plz sir.
Thank you Swedes.

17 Likes

Apologies if this is listed. It applies to all digi boxes.

Pattern color coding or grouping. I have a chaotic way of copy pasting patterns to make alternatives. After a sess of composition it can be hard to remember where I put everything.

It would be awesome to group patterns visually for live jams.

I could just be less messy or get a pen and paper, but yeah.

1 Like

In the sound menu I really need to be able to map more different MIDI CC controllers not just pitch bend, aftertouch, modulation, and breath. Currently, the Syntakt does not use channel 11 expression for anything. Please allow us to use that channel to control sound parameters along with these other 4 controllers. If there is some limit to the number of MIDI CC channels that can be used to control parameters, allow us to remap the existing aftertouch and pitch bend to other standard CC channels. Thank you.

1 Like

1: SY CHIP from the RYTM, maybe on the CY/Metallic analog track?
2: The ability to use SY RAW and SY Dual VCO on that 4th analog track if it’s possible, I’m finding I am preferring doing digital hats and metallic sounds
3. An algorithmic based fm machine, rather than just carrier/modulator things, kinda like what the TR8s(6s) got in it’s second FM update.
4. Master Compressor (I know this has been said 10000 times)
5. Chorus in the effects (is it a dsp limitation that prevents this?, also likely said 10000 times)
6. Something similar to HH Lab on the RYTM
7. Actual Macros that aren’t just repurposing breath control and pitch bend, so I can do it all in the box. Maybe add them as a page in the Mixer so you can flip between levels and macro tweaking easily in a performance.
8. Just to add some voice to this, audio rate lfos that can be locked to musical intervals like on the analog four would be amazing.

Other than that I’m extremely happy with this device! Has the exact sound I’m looking for in a drum machine! Overbridge works great as well!

12 Likes

Would so love and additional chord machine or additional waveforms to the existing one to make it a little more flexible soundwise. Alt make a chord variant of the supersaw machine.

Otherwise still loving it, and it still grows on me like no other Elektron device ever did :blush:

4 Likes

I love the Syntakt and I think these things would take it over the top:

1. The fourth analog voice could also be used for the other choices of analog synth (SY RAW, SY Dual VCO etc.) and not just the cymbal. Is this hardware possible or am I just being too greedy?
  2. Arpeggiator.
  3. Quantize notes to scale.

Thanks!

6 Likes

I believe that the cymbal hardware is specific to itself. I’m pretty sure the cymbal is 6 square waves at different frequencies into a specific filter, where the other three analog voices have a more traditional analog synth structure.

3 Likes