RK002 polyphony question

Hi.

I would have a RK002 question about polyphony which I can’t seem to figure out.
I basically got it working, but I am not sure if I set it up correctly.

Right now I would need to select any Syntakt channel and set it to midi channel 9. That will allow me to control the first 4 Syntakt channels (polyphony just set to 4).
Is it correct that I basically have to sacrifice one Syntakt channel and set it to midi, just to control the other channels for polyphony?
When I check out this video it doesn’t really seems the case. Also I don`t know how I could get control over all synth settings for each channel simultaneously, so that lets say I change the detune in channel 1 and it will automatically change it to the other channels as well.

If someone could help me with setting it up correctly, that would be really great :slight_smile: I am bit clueless how that all works :))

Here is the video btw:

1 Like

No. In the video I use channel 1, and control tracks 1-6.

Why channel 9 ?

I used a specific poly script.

1 Like

Hmm, I must do something wrong. All you do is connecting the rk002 midicable into midi in (orange) and the other end into thru and it should work straight away?
I uploaded the same script as you have a believe.

Do you mind sharing your settings for the “Polymux Example with Aftertouch”?
I must something missing here :cry:

Midi out > Midi in (orange)

Can’t remember anything particular, I did it once more than a year ago…
Basically using channel 1 as Polymux channel, remapped to channel 1-6.

Using track 1, send midi notes with mini keyboard (check key trigs send to EXT, and Encorders to INT+EXT*, in Midi Config).

*EXT would be better, but it is disabled to avoid wtf my gear doesn’t work anymore. :content:

1 Like

Ok, no worries. Thanks a lot, I will give it another try. In terms of CCs. Does it send all of them automatically as well? Or is that something I would need to set up?

1 Like

Yes, the Polymux program will send cc values to all the polyphony channels—it also sends the MW/PB/AT/BC sound macros (4 parameters each, in the sound setup menu) to all the channels, which are especially useful since they send relative values.

1 Like

Ok, awesome. Thanks a lot for your help again.

1 Like

Oh man, I finally got it working.
In case anyone else had the same issue. I forgot to set OUTPUT CH to TRK CH. It was set to auto before.

2 Likes

6 tracks.
Press Play + Rec.
No Midi track.

Btw if you use a midi track with midi loopback, it records on audio tracks too. Not convenient…

Hi.

I have to bring this post back unfortunately.
@sezare56: Have you actually ever tried recording live from the internal syntakt keyboard?
For me it doesn`t work and it also kind of slows down the whole syntakt until it freezes. I might still do something wrong?
Also in general even when just playing the latency gets more and more worse as something would internally double up

I’ve tried this, and it generally works fine, and I’ll either mute the MIDI channel or the polyphony channels depending on the situation. If things are freezing up for you, check that the midi recieve (in the Settings > MIDI config) is set to OFF, as any kind of midi loop tends to result in that behavior.

1 Like

:thinking: what do you mean by midi receive? I have turned everything off under sync.
Under port config I need to at least receive notes and CC in order to get it working.
And what do you mean by muting the midi channel? Is that something in settings as well?
I sorry I think you need to explain for dummies for me :grin:

Oops, I meant midi receive for the source track (the one you’re using as the keyboard), in Midi Config > Channels.

I think its now working. Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

Yes, but I wasn’t using a midi track. I’d like an option to record active track only (midi track). As is, all tracks receiving midi records notes, hence doubling.
And you have to erase audio tracks if you want to keep midi track only. Easier to recorder a midi track on another sequencer, or directly record audio tracks without midi track.

This menu concerns sync only.
It doesn’t filter midi notes, CCs, etc…