The Syntakt Feature Request Thread

ahahaha really! Oh I feel like a silly sausage now! Maybe because my A4 was a mk1 I assumed they were different. Definitely going to dig in a bit more now, I totally overlooked the INF mode.

1 Like

A Chorus, a Chorus my kingdom for a Chorus.

When I apply a chorus to the outputs of the syntakt it transforms the sy chord machine from an ugly duckling into a thing of beauty.

But, I can’t leave it setup this way because percussion sounds sound shyte when played through a chorus.

6 Likes

I’d like to have LFO presets. In the same way you select from a list of machines for the oscillator section, the LFO page could let you select from a list of presets. That way configuring all the LFO settings can be sped up significantly, and you’d also be able to shift between different configurations quick and easy. This applies to other elektron products as well…

7 Likes

I’ve yet to try it but I imagine you could fake a chorus/flanger/doubler using the delay. And then get creative with retrigs to emulate traditional delay-like sounds.

Not the most elegant solution, but perhaps a workable solution until they hopefullly add some more effects to the amp page

I think this is a great idea. I would also like Effects presets for reverb delay and the FX track.

3 Likes

Yep! Here’s a link to a demo and detailed settings for chorus, flanger, and phaser, including modulated delay, doubling and detuning tracks, etc…Chorus on Syntakt: how-to and discussion

Monomachine machines please! Thank you!

8 Likes

-Polyphony
-Control all machine
-Control All individual voices toggle on Trig page 2 or menu
-More percussion machines
-More synthesis types
-Compressor

The machines i use are Tone, Bits, Swarm, and all the analog ones

4 Likes
  1. Quantization of scales in the trig menu
  2. Arp
  3. Track 12 access to all analog engines
4 Likes

I emailed a feature request to elektron

So I am thinking that it would really cool to have an envelope follower for the FX track, like the analog heat.

5 Likes

It would certainly make the FX track more useful for general sound design. The current need to place FX track trigs where you want the FX filter/amp envelopes to trigger is a little useless when you want to play the trigs live, because it doesn’t trigger them. I hope to see improvements on that for all the finger drummers.

3 Likes

Just master compressor, pls.
But it will not happen . Anal heat +fx already has it.

I actually disagree, the punch parameter is just a hold over from the model cycles. I think adding the master compressor of the digitakt wouldn’t cannabalize sales of the heat much since I don’t think anyone is buying it for the compressor but not the rest. Also I would be surprised if the analog tracks don’t go through an A to D converter before going to the output, if only for the mixing. They are definitely all being converted to digital individually for overbridge and to send to the effects.

EDIT: though I definitely could see them not wanting to add envelope following to avoid stepping on the heat’s toes.

1 Like

Good perspective to hear, I hope you’re right. I do get a lot of use out of punch for snares and some other voices. Would love to see both a compressor and the bit/srr pre and post filter settings like we see on the digitakt, just worry that their design philosophy would avoid making “redundant” the Punch parameter and Bits/Clap machines in some situations.

1 Like
  • midi-send like AF: i want to send my syntakt-composition to full featured elktrons (or other studio-synths) easily and still have syntakt sounds for orientation
  • pay attention to chord-machine wrt previous wish: send all midi notes from chord, not just root
  • make trigger notes for tracks configurable: in the studio i can trigger AR then from syntakt drum composition

that would make syntakt perfect standalone track writing machine for me. only one box to carry around for composition. rigth now i can switch tracks to midi-machine but then i loose syntakt sounds… unluckily

1 Like

Constrain the available chords for a given note inside a scale :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I wish there was a built in tuner somewhere, that would help when adjusting the tune/harmonics/timber/etc. so you can tune it to C, then later when you program notes you know it’s correctly transposed more or less

2 Likes

Tracks trigging to be able to mix tracks between patterns like on the octatrack.

It would be cool if the Modifiers could be used to switch between patterns. There would be a setting for quantization, so you could change pattern on beat, like clip launching in Ableton. Chopping up patterns like this would be so fun.

3 Likes