The Syntakt Ambient thread

Also, Ctrl All is a beast on this one. There’s just something about synthesized drum sounds compared to samples. I haven’t felt so groovy since I worked the Beat FX mode on the Tempest.

2 Likes

Wow. Great tips ya’ll, looking forward to try all of these out!

AMBIENT IT DOES AMBIENT

38 Likes

Beautiful track! :pray:t4: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

Slow the tempo as slow as it goes, Ctrl-All amp envelope attack to nearly max, everything with modulated delay and reverb at 100%… boom, ambient.

(only half kidding)

1 Like

Speaking of ambient, I was just looking for Syntakt examples on YouTube and came across this… hard to imagine the ST making pad/atmosphere sounds with the weight and depth of these DN patches. Would love to be wrong though.

6 Likes

not really ambient by my definition but some would call it that.
I couldn’t avoid using drums on my first track with the syntakt either.

Hope you enjoy !!

39 Likes

Super chill track—nice work! I have no problem calling it ambient.

Lovely.

Can you or someone please help explain how to make a note hold longer than one measure when recording? Without re-triggering at the end of the loop?

I completely realize this machine is not designed to drone necessarily, I just can’t figure out how to record a sustained note for a long period of time without it re-triggering.

substan is amazing! So much beautiful work on the Digitone etc. :grinning:

5 Likes

I don’t own a Syntakt, but… set the duration to INF and the condition to FIRST, so that it only trigs once? You can probably do something with fill to shut it off.

5 Likes

Thank you so much! That really helps a lot :grinning:

1 Like

It’s best to set a drone note up in grid recording as explained above or capture live and then edit to prevent retriggering

That’s very good. Nice work!

Literally just watched this - some great sound design in here I’m impressed with what it can do in this space tbh…

1 Like

@DonovanDwyer @francato @Headtechnician

Thank you so much guys !!!

Very nicely done. One of my favorite Syntakt pieces so far.

1 Like

Fail, not fail. Great Track.

2 Likes

:heart::pray:

1 Like