šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡¦ The only topic in town

I hope that Ukraine and Russia negotiate a cease fire and treaty to end the war and prevent WW3 from destroying the entire planet. Even communist China tried to broker peace for Ukraine and Russia.

2 Likes

In my opinion the aggressor is continuously making it very clear that negotiations are not an option. There really is only one way to end this war.
Personally, and Iā€™m saying that as a German, Iā€™m glad that ultimately in WW2, the allies realised that the Germans had to be stopped at all costs and that negotiations werenā€™t a suitable means to do so.

10 Likes

I read the ASMR post a little differently.

I read it as being a pretty sarcastic anti-military post. I certainly didnā€™t read the comments as being supportive of rape, more simply associating the military with that behaviour.

If I called soldiers a bunch of rapists, would I be supporting or criticising them?

Vlad comes across as a pretty thoughtful guy and has talked of his pacifism regularly, Iā€™d be well inclined to see this post as a subtle criticism of Russian Militarism, but of course I could be wrong, as none of us really know these guys.

I was pretty uncomfortable with the military coloured pulsar, didnā€™t like that at all, but Iā€™d hardly see it as the work of a fascist.

I canā€™t get on board with criticising him for trying to protect and maintain his company (and with it quite a few peopleā€™s livelihoods).

4 Likes

well Russia has wanted to retake Ukraine for a very long time. I wanted to visit Ukraine back in 2015 to meet a nice Ukraine lady for marriage and had actually worked hard to learn the language on my own. Then Russia decides to invade the Donbass. Mess never resolved since then.

looks like itā€™s him

https://vk.com/wall18592310_1928

https://vk.com/thatblack

btw the rough translation of the post and the two comments:

Relevant. Special Edition ASMR for the SMO [Special Military Operation]. The caressing sounds of the rifle will relieve tension, calm you and will help you fall asleep.

Itā€™s missing breathing of a soldier and the sound of an unzipping fly.

Yes, itā€™s missing

1 Like

OK, so for the first image we got a call for a PhD.
Thanks @alechko for the source (I didnā€™t know VK :sweat_smile:)

And the second one is indeed arguably some humour in a country where you cannot pronounce the word ā€œwarā€. Appears so to me so, knowing that there was a Lyra-8 ā€œThe Pacifistā€ way before February 2022.
There was also a Baker-Miller pink one. Not very fascist.

2 Likes

tbf, I was flagged for much, much lighter ā€œhumorā€ here :slight_smile:

Iā€™m not saying itā€™s acceptable humor. But Iā€™m not in a country at war neitherā€¦
Just stating that Vlad KreĆÆmerā€™s post on VK doesnā€™t appear as opinion to me, more as a joke.
@pulsā€™ affirmation is a bit strong and hardly founded, from what I can judge

as a native russian speaker I feel different, there are nuances in the text that makes it really hard to interpret as a joke, itā€™s about the words choiceā€¦ but maybe Iā€™m wrongā€¦ too bad the video is unavailable, would love to see it for context.

1 Like

I agree that the guyā€™s comment answering to Vladā€™s post is way out of line.

Here is the video, you have to go on YT to watch it (I hate guns). Only noises. ASMR for gun lovers, creepy.
Still canā€™t believe this was not posted as a joke.

1 Like

Has anyone actually personally reached out to Vlad about their concerns? Surely he isnā€™t unreachable.

1 Like

creepy indeed, and weirdā€¦

2 Likes

Itā€™s Russian dark humor IMO. I am a native Russian speaker too and the Russian jokes are the most dark I know. Most other nations canā€™t relate when you translate it.

1 Like

The video with kalshnikov asmr ( just a link) appears on my iphone after clicking show on youtube.
Anyway all this makes me sad and gives a bitter taste, also that theres no clearer statement from soma and that i have to think maybe his texts are linked to any shit totalitarian philosophies someway, like from too many artists. I really donā€˜t know and hope not. Somewhere below he liks to depeche mode my cosmos (edit : my cosmos is Mine. Nice song, great lyrics( i interpret as anti-totalitarian, could be wrong as always, but anyway repeats no war 3 times) okish drumsā€¦) antiwar song with good text,drums by pulsar, a user put it in english below, but i miss a clearer statement and makes me sick thinking about the invasion and other.

1 Like

yeah I figured if itā€™s humor itā€™s dark, the kind that you donā€™t want to be joking about during Special Military Operation

1 Like

As a SOMA user, I do have concerns, but seeing the back and forth with native speakers not even being able to agree on the intentā€¦ I have to ask

We all seem to be in agreement that he wouldnā€™t be able to overtly voice opposition, but considering where he is, couldnā€™t he be overt in his support of military action?

If this is all we have to go on, when he lives in a place where he can be as vocal a supporter as heā€™d like I just think it wouldnā€™t be a matter of interpretation like it is now.

Iā€™m not arguing any point here other than I canā€™t make a determination of what his intent was with the comments.

In Russian there is a big focus on how you pronounce it to get the intention of the speaker. Autors like gluhowski ( metro series) is very well known for his dark humor and his book are anti war without being openly anti war. He is even blacklisted in Russian ATM and his books

2 Likes

So heā€™s said some things that raises questions, but have also shared pacifist and reasonable views before.

It seems thatā€™s about it? It feels like weā€™re conspiring to make something out of nothing, or at least very little.

I donā€™t know the situation for Russians in Russia right now, but I can understand not speaking out as a ā€œpublicā€ figure.

3 Likes

As a person who understands russian and lives in the East, I am absolutely not surprised that Vlad might be just ordinary russian imperialist scum.

Hopefully heā€™s not, but itā€™s absolutely possible. The opposition in there is much much smaller than many in the West believe and a lot of people actually cheer for the bloodshed to continue. Itā€™s all over VK and Telegram, trust me. Sadly.

By the way, heā€™s likely a russian jew judging from his surname.

2 Likes

I think that would damage his relationship with customers in Europe/US.

5 Likes