šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡¦ The only topic in town

I think that would damage his relationship with customers in Europe/US.

5 Likes

itā€™s totally ambiguous, no doubt, you can interpret it either way and canā€™t prove anything, but thereā€™s another russian joke: in every joke thereā€™s little bit of a joke, and thatā€™s how I personally interpret his postā€¦

like I said before, hope Iā€™m wrong

Yeah the whole point of internal propaganda isnā€™t really about changing someoneā€™s opinion, itā€™s about demonstrating dominance and making people believe no one supports their point of view. Then silence (or even public support for the views pushed by the propaganda despite not believing in it) is perceived the only safe option.

As the son of an activist with an arrest record longer than some of these threads, I know thereā€™s more than one way to do things and appeasing everyone else is never possible.

I just wonā€™t grab my pitchfork and attack based on this.

3 Likes

Yes, theyā€™re always out to make an example of somebody for speaking out. 7 years in prison for talking with friends on the phone, for instance, is surely going to dissuade a few folks from saying anything to anybody. Without a back-and-forth dialogue, things can get freaky real quick.

Plus they have Maria Zakharova spewing vomit on TV every night, and itā€™s illegal to talk to anybody about how weird and wrong that is. I do feel for the Russians.

And I really fucking feel for the Ukrainians of course. It goes beyond words.

Letā€™s clean up this mess ASAP.

1 Like

Iā€™m always wary of this idea of people being ā€œCloset Nazisā€. Sadly, Iā€™ve come across quite a few actual Nazis in my time and none of them were particularly subtle about it.

Operating a business in Russia and making a couple of ambiguous (but certainly neither funny or particularly clever) social media posts while not speaking out against your government does not make you a Nazi, a Fascist or anything in particular. It might not make you the greatest human being, but thereā€™s a pretty big stretch from that to Fascist.

Having said all that, there are things that make me a bit uncomfortable, but thatā€™s mostly down to my own personal ethics and certainly not enough to start throwing some pretty serious accusations about the place.

12 Likes

In 2016 I bought a the book Prisoners of Geography by Tim Marshall, it explains the geography of a country influences a leaderā€™s thought process.
Reading the chapter on Russia it was quite clear what the deal is, and then you throw in the political nature of the beast that is Nato expansion, you have a cocktail brewing.
Political scientists, foreign policy analysts from John Mesheimer to Henry Kissinger who should have been on trial ages ago, have argued against NATO expansion, calling it a provocative move have been proved right.
When you see all the actions that have been taken to deny adults making an informed view of the situation, you know something ainā€™t quite right.
Years of Rachel Maddow screaming 'Russia, Russia, Russia, blaming Russia for Trumpā€™s victory over the beloved Hillary has only served to further USA interests.
If you start the debate over Ukraine from last year, or even 2016 with Donbas, then one needs to inform oneself a bit more.

6 Likes

even 2016 with Donbas

it happened in 2014, not 2016

2 Likes

people who liked this donā€™t know a thing about whatā€™s been going on there last 10 years
not that everybody has to, but one can always educate her/himselfā€¦

where did you get your knowledge from?
there was no ā€˜US coupā€™. there was no coup at all. it was peopleā€™s revolution against russian-backed traitor who tried his last attempt on consolidating power in russiaā€™s interest.
you speak russian propaganda, nothing more to it
everything happened in Donbass region is on russians. literally ā€” everything.

7 Likes

yeah, I donā€™t see Zelensky as being a big part of the corruption in Ukraine. sure, there were serious problems with corruption and some pretty unsavoury people gaining way too much power, but Zelensky really felt like the beginning of the end of all of that, it felt like Ukraine was really making some positive strides towards transparency and democracy. Rome wasnā€™t built in a day though and Iā€™m sure Zelensky has found himself shaking hands with people heā€™d rather were in handcuffs, but you donā€™t fix complicated issues with simple solutions. While thereā€™s a lot to criticise about Ukrainian politics over the last 20 years or so, this idea of Zelensky being a puppet or whatever feel too much like trying to make someone elseā€™s point for them.

1 Like

it mightā€™ve been a joke ā€” but together with Letovā€™s appearance and ā€˜glory to russiaā€™ he didnā€™t care to edit out from the video Iā€™ve posted, itā€™s just way too much ā€” on the backdrop of zero comments re:war, and merry videos now and thenā€¦

Yeah, okayā€¦Iā€™ll leave it to youā€¦pffft!

1 Like

Take a look at this about the ā€œnAtO eXpAnSiOnā€ so you will be able to make a more informed view next time:

Post-soviet countries that were invaded by russia, or were involved in proxy conflicts, or made satellite states shortly after the fall of Soviet Union (basically russia meddling in nasty ways):

• Georgia (full-scale war)
  • Ukraine (full-scale war)
  • Moldova (full-scale war)
  • Tajikistan (full-scale war)
  • Chechnya (full-scale war)
  • Dagestan (full-scale war)
  • Azerbaijan (fueling a very bloody conflict with Armenia)
  • Armenia (fueling a very bloody conflict with Azerbaijan)
  • Belarus (full satellite dictatorship)
  • Kazakhstan (satellite)

Very little people in many of these countries wanted any of this.

Meanwhile. countries that russia didnā€™t touch:

• Kyrgyzstan
  • Uzbekistan
  • Turkmenistan
  • Estonia
  • Latvia
  • Lithuania

The last three Baltic states are the only NATO members out of all. Very small countries with 7 mil population combined.

So whatā€™s NATO expansion?

10 Likes

The only ā€œmessage Iā€™m pushingā€ is to give diplomacy a chance again (like at the very beginning of the conflict, remember?), AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

It all will come down to diplomacy agreements anyway, at some point.

Deciding to delay that moment means taking responsibility for even more deaths. ON BOTH SIDES.

1 Like

pretty much this.
corruption was deep in Ukraine, but itā€™s because of russia mostly, like the first (or zero) stage of the same war, and thereā€™s hardly any other way about thatā€¦ Ukraine was on track for victory against that also. and itā€™s her internal affair. I wonā€™t even start on Donbass, Crimea and the entire 2014 situation.

re: Vlad, itā€™s quite a stretch to call him ā€˜fascistā€™ or even putin-supporter. but similarly, people here are under false impression that NOTHING is possible to say or do in russia, just like itā€™s already a North Korea scale totalitarian rule. but the point I was making above is not that he had to express his anti-war views himself, much less so in russia ā€” itā€™s just he cared to made that ā€˜info bombardmentā€™ comment, posted fascist Letov for no reason, made ambigous jokes, did funny videos and left (deliberately huge) ā€˜glory to russiaā€™ in the video ā€” while not even a EU Soma division made any statements in support of Ukraine in Facebook or during their trade shows. THAT amounts to something, in terms of social responsibility. and customers, fans and just his colleagues have a full right to question that. thatā€™s it

5 Likes

How on earth can you do that if one refuses to lay down their arms???

2 Likes

Rightā€¦ And the other one approving a law that forbids to make any peace agreement with Putinā€¦

1 Like

Then read why without pasting clickbaity titles to articles.

Would you make peace with a robber who decides to take a bath in you house?

3 Likes

Theres no interest from the Allied nations in revisting the minsk agreement which Zelensky himself has admitted he had no intention of sticking to. Their strategy is to continue with escalation. Ukraine is a crucial jewel in the crown from a geopolitical perspective, as is destabalising or maintaining the petro dollar which have at this stage a symbiotic relationship that wil be determined by the outcome. This war was scheduled a very long time ago. Witch hunting viewpoints of synth manufacturers is not going to change a thing.

3 Likes