The one morbid lesson I've learned through the Octatrack

No matter what the issue is, it’s all my fault. :sweat_smile:

37 Likes

This belongs in the music meme thread. :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Congratulations, You have passed the final level and achieved Octatracker status.
Your only remaining obligation is to gently inform new owners of this paradigm

14 Likes

:joy:

2 Likes

This! Feature request: a small, secret camera to record new (or even fairly experienced) OT users lose their shit in an almighty hissy-fit when something isn’t working as they thought it would.

5 Likes

Don’t be too harsh on yourself. IMHO it’s “just” 99.9% your fault on average … :rofl:

7 Likes

I have learned to restrain my self from answering 90% of octatrack threads on this forum with… “dude, its in the manual…” or " Parts… check your parts"

The octatrack rewards those who say “ok, what did I do wrong here?”

9 Likes

“dude, it’s not a bug!!!”

1 Like

I had a friend over who I am teaching the OT to. I was busy doing something and he was on my machine messing around, and he says “somethings wrong. Your recording buffer is full. you can’t sample. I think I fd up your machine”… Ha!! The screen just had that terrible recorder buffer full thing going on. Almost like blue screen in windows. Took me a a couple of minutes to figure out what he did…I just cleared the tracks he was messing with. Funny… that sort of thing hasn’t happened to me in a long time. Love him to death and he apologized profusely.
Lesson learned- make sure you are watching when someone is messing with your OT.

5 Likes

Except maybe the page LED bug I found the other day… unless…

1 Like

You are close to Operating Thetan (OT) level 1. Congratulations!

4 Likes

Find that photo of the busted OT with the boot print stomped on its faceplate

4 Likes

May the manual be with you.

1 Like

Or Scenes :joy:

I’ve started making a “check before losing your mind” list, for when I’ve had some time away from OT. Part? Scene? Trig to activate Thru machine? That LFO that I’ve copied over from a previous Part for the millionth time?

1 Like

If there’s no sound, check if the fader is at it most right position (when using it for a transition of somekind).

I once checked al my cabling and settings on synths and what not and then suddenly it hits me…

3 Likes

Yeah these days is something is not right the very first thing I do is turn off scenes. 40% of the time its a scene.

5 Likes

the first step to enlightement :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Great Post!!
I just recently left something in a record buffer that I absolutely loved and powered down. Cussed the OT… then apologized to it and wished I could kick my own ass.

6 Likes

Evolution of my life as an Octatrack user:

First month: It’s not working right…this thing must be broken!
Second month onward : It’s not working right…I must be broken!

11 Likes