The Octatrack is amazing

I’ve been thinking to name my OT based project “TrigWarning”. Or maybe “TriglessTrigWarning” now that i think about it.

2 Likes

OT is amazing, no doubt. Whish the support was so amazing, too :slight_smile: There’s a serious bug with parts since MKII appearance: samples/track settings get mixed up and this bug can easily break live sessions. No signs they want to fix it.

Oh, and whish Elektron finally introduced shortcut for saving at least for parts (like pressing yes + a button by analog series).

1 Like

Can you explain what this possible bug is further? Does it have its own thread?
I’m still hanging on the pre-conditional trigs OS until I know the coast is clear…

There already is a shortcut for saving the part.

Sorry no, only for bringing up the menu.
But once saved the selection stays at “save” so very easy to save afterwards.

Octatrack OS Bug Reports

I tried and confirmed…

2 Likes

I’m so fascinated by the Octatrack that one didn’t seem like enough. My second OT (mk2 this time) arrived today.

I was getting frustrated by the fact that all my tracks on the OT were “used up” on thru, master, transition trick/longer fixed-length loops, and shorter more experimental variable length flex sampling loops for asynchronous phasing loops. I mean, I love it in this capacity as an on-the-fly external sound manipulator/mixer but It meant I couldn’t dig into the other things the OT was capable of - namely manipulatable compositions using internally stored sounds. I considered getting an AR but I prefer the flexibility of being able to use long stereo samples and the analog synthesis sounds are fine but nothing special to me. So Octatrack dos it is.

The idea is to use one “hub” Octatrack as a glorified DJ mixer/looper that moves and manipulates between two “decks”, one being a small modular going into an A4 mk1 and the other being the “instrument” Octatrack sometimes being fed by my voice and/or guitar. The “instrument” Octatrack would be setup with a bunch of different banks/parts ranging from 808 drum machine to long orchestral bowed sounds and everything between. The hub and instrument OT templates would be an ongoing work in progress but in the end I’d like to have long 2-3 hour sessions where I can just improvise freely without any jarring transition problems.

I’d put the odds at around 60% that it’s just too damn much stuff to keep track of and I just end up going back to a single OT. But that’s why they call it Elektronauts - gotta explore.

10 Likes

What shortcut do you refer to?

[FUNC] + [PART]

In the manual: 10.2.2 PART EDIT

I’ve mentioned it a few times before, but that started happening with my mki (part settings and record settings changing, patterns disappearing or moving to different locations, etc.) after it got cold on a car ride and it turned out to be the CF card. doing a low level reformat on a computer fixed it up and so far it hasn’t happened again, almost 18 months and counting. I forget which software I used to format, there are a few free CF formatting tools around (the OT format and the native format in my OS didn’t do the job) but one if them would freeze up part way through.

Anyway since you’re having similar symptoms it couldn’t hurt to back your card’s contents up and then do a low level format. If stuff that’s already on the cars has gotten corrupted you won’t be able to recover it but it might stop it from happening any more. or maybe your problem is u related, but all you have to lose is 20 or 30 minutes of your time

3 Likes

Bank holiday here in the UK and in Scotland at least I think it’s a close run thing whether my dug or OT will melt in the heat first.

Don’t usually do music stuff outside as hard to see the displays but managed to nab a wee sample off the radio (The Safety Dance :rofl: ) and off I went. Love playing with this thing.

Had to call it a day and hide from the sun though. Us Scots are just not built for summer :joy:

19 Likes
12 Likes

Looks great!

Are those ERM brightside stands?

They are the end cheek/stands by @Korple. Nice and sturdy and giving me a bit of a much needed angle in the sun

1 Like

comb filter scene madness

2 Likes

purty cheeks

2 Likes

my mk2 is sitting at home waitin for me to get stuck in. my da got sick recently so I haven’t had the time / energy for music but I’ve been trawling all the wicked recent OT threads here n cultivating new ideas for when I get the time to take my octaskills to the next level. thanks everyone for such good info & explanations :slight_smile:

6 Likes

On MKII, right? I have MKI however :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think it’s a bug with the software. Elektron support managed to reproduce it based on my video I had sent them to :slight_smile:

The OT is the 3xth Chakra to unlock and explore.

3 Likes