The new "very different" Elektron wild speculation thread

SynCcordion, with a remote sensing based quasi-bellows. Polka never sounded like this before!

4 Likes

When I see a new speculation thread pop up and know I’ve got a lot of meme making ahead of me.

51 Likes

Model D Clone.

4 Likes

A 99$ 1 voice, calculator sized, micro Syntakt with a two step sequencer.

14 Likes

Perhaps they’ll finally make all our dreams come true and manufacture the bellowphone for public consumption.

4 Likes

This, as far as it goes, is old news:

10 Likes

I would buy this but ONLY if it has a song mode

Pushing the edge of music creation? Maybe they hired Vlad from Soma?

4 Likes

Why do you need more than 2 steps when you can chain up to 128 patterns? And this time, you can save your pattern chains. The revolution is here.

3 Likes

Finally moving away from the ancient ColdFire hardware platform and moving to something more contemporary like ARM. (fingers crossed).

4 Likes

They’re moving on to the Hotfire platform. Syntakt will be 20% hotter. Can light two joints with one Syntakt.

16 Likes

Some type of visual performance device with plenty of connectivity would be cool

3 Likes

My first instinct for something very different that still plays in with what they already have goin is some sort of audio interface

4 Likes

To use the old Gretzky/Jobs analogy: Where is the puck headed, and how might Elektron skate to it?

Macro-level: My thinking is that the analog renaissance is just about saturated right now (pun intended). The Rust/C++ hire clearly hints at something fully digital. The Model series was already something “very different” from what Elektron had been doing, and the move toward accessible, low-cost gear has been a thing in the industry ever since Korg’s Volca range. And yet the boutique high-end continues to be proven out by the likes of Teenage Engineering. It’s turning into a very bimodal market. How would a new Elektron product fit into all this?

1 Like

Overschlager FTW

4 Likes

an elektron multi-effect device, which can be connected in series with all sorts of special options.

6 Likes

I’m not so sure if Elektron considers other manufacturers or if they are only concerned with their own little ecosystem of devices, other than the occasional cv ports (jacks?)

Nah, the Elektron suits come up with the next concept based on the market, then the Elektron boffins set about creating it. I would dig up my source for that but it’s buried in some other thread somewhere.

1 Like

256 clicky-button mega steroid 24 track sequencer.

3 Likes

Exactly. While I doubt Elektron (or most product companies) are basing their product roadmap around specific offerings from other companies, they are definitely considering the market and looking at the patterns of what’s successful, what fails, and where there seems to be room for something that people would buy.

2 Likes