The new "very different" Elektron wild speculation thread

Some type of visual performance device with plenty of connectivity would be cool

3 Likes

My first instinct for something very different that still plays in with what they already have goin is some sort of audio interface

4 Likes

To use the old Gretzky/Jobs analogy: Where is the puck headed, and how might Elektron skate to it?

Macro-level: My thinking is that the analog renaissance is just about saturated right now (pun intended). The Rust/C++ hire clearly hints at something fully digital. The Model series was already something “very different” from what Elektron had been doing, and the move toward accessible, low-cost gear has been a thing in the industry ever since Korg’s Volca range. And yet the boutique high-end continues to be proven out by the likes of Teenage Engineering. It’s turning into a very bimodal market. How would a new Elektron product fit into all this?

1 Like

Overschlager FTW

4 Likes

an elektron multi-effect device, which can be connected in series with all sorts of special options.

6 Likes

I’m not so sure if Elektron considers other manufacturers or if they are only concerned with their own little ecosystem of devices, other than the occasional cv ports (jacks?)

Nah, the Elektron suits come up with the next concept based on the market, then the Elektron boffins set about creating it. I would dig up my source for that but it’s buried in some other thread somewhere.

1 Like

256 clicky-button mega steroid 24 track sequencer.

3 Likes

Exactly. While I doubt Elektron (or most product companies) are basing their product roadmap around specific offerings from other companies, they are definitely considering the market and looking at the patterns of what’s successful, what fails, and where there seems to be room for something that people would buy.

2 Likes

It wouldn’t be a digital/analog drummachine/synth if it’s different from the current products, and not a mixer he said.

Something handheld + battery powered would be cool, if you count M8 and Teenage Engineering I guess that’s following the market? Or virtual analog, Virtual Analog 8? Maybe hybrid.

I don’t know if a company like Elektron would suddenly make an FX box, correct me if I’m wrong but it generally seems like you either make synths/drummachines or FX.

I hope that instead of a syntone they just start souping up Syntakt, continue the Overbridge development into an Elektron VST and controller, and then make an Elektron hardware sequencer device, perhaps a Cirklon/Hapax competitor that breaks from Elektron tradition- with both song mode and/or unlimited steps per pattern (a more linear programming experience for those who want it).

1 Like

Might be interesting if they did some other FX…

3 Likes

Elektron DAW

4 Likes

Doctatrack - it mangles and twists your prescription medicines into psychedelics for micro dosing or macro dosing.

Octaportatrack pocket edition - a collaboration with Pubescent Engineering, the controls are way too small to use and all the jacks sockets are too close together, but it transforms into a robot or a fidget spinner. It comes with a micro SD card crammed with content created by The Nobody company. It runs off a CR2032 button cell and the battery life is being touted long enough to last a walk to the end of your garden.

23 Likes

Damn, I actually forgot Heat and Drive haha, my bad!

1 Like

Actually, something like a Digital Heat sounds totally plausible to me. Basically a high-end, Elektron version of the Zoom MS-70CDR.

1 Like

Something without a sequencer
Wavetable based
Granular fx
Probably won’t be released for a long time due to chip shortages. 2025 in coming

…i would be also one of those who would ask again for the MYX…
that universal digital mixer/ob hub/recorder thing that offers all sorts of new and classic digital fx plocking on various physical and usb inputs/channels…THE fx stepsequencer mixer/audio router with some smooth and dead serious analog filter/distortion/compression on it’s master out…that one tool, that makes all live electronic acts finally able to easlily compete with whatever dj was before or after u…

and if it’s not that and not the next level ot with a very special take on grains, while all fresh in a digi formfactor, with an universal ribbon strip horizontal center controler instead of the crossfader…

…well than, i have absolutely no idea what it could be…
let’s just hope, this new company sticks to their former tradition and before releasing any new concepts, better come up with a full fledged firmware update for their latest baby, i spended a grant on, to lift it to that next level it deserves…

3 Likes

I only have the OT, but I would love to see a hardware version of Overbridge + fancy OT midi control, getting rid of the PC and Mac updates and account creation and sign in and email verification and bla bla fully.

Maybe two separate units. Palm sized. Touchscreen. USB-C powered. One red and one bright yellow.

8 Likes