The Evolution of the Analogs

These Elektron guys weren’t even born when Dave Smith was creating the Prophet 5. Thats a fact that freaks me out somewhat.

1 Like

More videos incoming. The whole lot seem to be on YT now. Here’s part 2, for example:

3 Likes

3, 4 and 5:

5 Likes

@Dataline can i make feature request now?

yes you can, we’ll listen :wink:

2 Likes

Parts 6 and 7:

3 Likes

So no hints at something new. Just a retrospective. Still, good to see some of the thought processes that go into making the boxes.

5 Likes

A shame there are no hints about forthcoming stuff but that probably saves a whole thread of rampant guesswork and assumption making for us all… looking forward to sitting down with a cuppa to watch them later.

2 Likes

Yeah, this was an effective non-teasing tease. I just watched through all the videos and their last comments are tough to decipher. It was either an attempt at humor, or mmmmmaybe a hint that something new is around the corner. I get the impression that Elektron is considering the firmware for the analogs done as far as features go. They have had a pretty solid run. Where do we go from here? Can’t wait to find out.

1 Like

Nice watch :slight_smile:

I have to say, weird as it may sound, I completely missed the boat on the whole Dual VCO thing - I thought it never got implemented. I remember when it was announced as coming soon, but never saw it again after that. But after watching some videos, wow, that really opens the Rytm up. I really wish I never sold my Mki’s, but something tells me I’ll have the Analogs again sometime. Mki or Mkii, grey or black, not sure. I really love the old small form factor, but the Q perf knob is really something I wish the Mki Rytm had. Such cool boxes. They really have come a long way.

4 Likes

You always see the machinedrum in os update videos and stuff, they were taking about it in these videos and it sounded a bit tongue and cheek.

1 Like

In the final “Evolved” vid, Jimmy says,

“It’s convenient just to plug in the phone and maybe even just use the camera app to capture some performance so you get video and audio directly form the machine.”

Am I reading too much into this or was he implying that a USB device might be able to mirror the MKII’s screens?

[ Fantasizes about projecting interface onto side of building… ]

Probably will pull a Teenage Engineering OP-Z like how it has an app to do stuff

Reading too much into it, imo. I think he meant while recording a video you don’t have to just have shitty sound from a phone’s built in microphone (or do some setting up for an alternative solution) but simply pipe in the direct stereo signal from the box.

5 Likes

I hope not, literally just bought an Analog Four…

It probably wouldn’t make sense now that I thought about it, they just re-released it in a different colour scheme and just updated it, so I assume they aren’t done with it yet.

1 Like