The Evolution of the Analogs

I’m tone deaf :sob:
Never saw that one, it’s the awesome!

1 Like

Yes with the reissue of the original Prophet 5 im almost certain everyone will be jumping on the bandwagon avoiding DSP. A Model Analogue with vintage grit.

1 Like

The obama_gives_obama_medal.jpg comment on the video isn’t wrong :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It was a fun little aside as much as anything… I’m not reading too much into the video one way or the other but I’m sure the ‘What should Elektron do next’ thread will be getting busier over the next wee while.

1 Like

__________________________________m o n i t o r i n’
___________________________________________m e e
______________________________c o n s t a n t l e e
______________________________________________s o
________________________________________________i
____________________________________________s e e
________________________________________________u
_________________________________________w h i l e
________________________________________________u
____________________________________________s e e
___________________________________________m e e
h e. l l o…
_______________hear me…?
______signal lost…
…referencies cleared out.
status…
closed.
gone…
___full
cycle

1 Like

“Minutes of my life that will never come back”

FB does not approve.

nice to see Jimmy again! it’s sweet to look back reminisce and celebrate, it does feel like the send off for these black puppies… and a nice little marketing push… certainly makes me wanna buy them and hang out in a multi-coloured Perspex burnt log den :laughing:

FB is full of edgelords, don’t worry about it :slight_smile:

I thought it was a very nice retrospective and more parts are coming soon. Can’t wait!

1 Like

To me, the video was more on the side of the self-celebrating than sharing the insights of how the analogs came to be. That’s fine. Elektron make awesome stuff, so they are allowed to celebrate it. I started to get the feeling of “hmmm, maybe this is the early seeds of teasing a new product”, but I can’t decide if that’s just on my mind with all the recent teases and hype stuff that has been going around recently. Sort of like confirmation bias. Of course, the campaign could be there to drum up sales of the recently released black versions of the mk2 A4 & AR. Hell, it even kinda worked on me, as now I’m 5% interested in an analog four now. :loopy:

2 Likes

I wish this was all A4:

Analög Ragnarök

Is a Model:Rytm or a Model:Four the next evolution?

I hope it’s another big box coming soon. Analog Eight would be wild.

3 Likes

How about in Digi size? swoon

2 Likes

Yes my hopes for a Digi box too

1 Like

It’s coming up on the 10 year of the initial design of the analogs so that’s most likely it

2 Likes

they’re kinda talking about the Rytm being influenced by the Four.

Imagine some kind’ve frankenstein Analog box, a combo A4/AR box. Like 5 voices of drum synthesis and a more synth-based 3 voices, with sampling. Everyone would probably die

2 Likes

One box to rule them all! I’m into it. :yellow_heart:

3 Likes

As a graphic designer, I think their marketing direction has been absolutely killer the past year or two. The surrealism of the Digitone Keys marketing, the 90s claymation quirkiness of the M:C, the smoky and desaturated Overbridge 2.0 group shots and now the dreary earthiness of the Black Analogs. If their R&D department is half as creative as their Marketing is, we’re in for some good stuff.

14 Likes

The new package design is killer

2 Likes