The Evolution of the Analogs

In August of 2020, two Elektron employees entered a room in an abandoned office complex deep in the heart of Gothenburg, Sweden. In the middle of the room sat a tape atop an old analog device. This was the beginning of their conversation with that device.

This was Analog remembering.

Explore Analog Four. Explore Analog Rytm.

Watch episode 1 on YouTube.

17 Likes

More please! :yellow_heart:

Cenk bought 100 PS5s and is scalping them on eBay, the bastard!

2 Likes

Yeah, love these kind of things! Could probably listen to Elektron staff talking about their products for hours on end.

Might be a stretch but would be extremely cool if there were similar videos for Octatrack and the silver machines as well. I realise the Analogs are more topical right now and many of the OT/MD/MnM designers probably don’t work at Elektron anymore but maybe one day…

7 Likes

No wild predictions yet ?

Ep2 - recent analogs
Ep 3- future analog tease
Ep4 - reveal the new high end elektron devices coming in q1 next year ?

6 Likes

Maybe, but I’d guess this is a build up to a reveal of a Model:Analog.

9 Likes

This seems like it will be strictly retrospective, but now you’ve got me thinking haha

2 Likes

Here is the video:

1 Like

dunno, i felt like there was a lot of patting themselves on the back and not a lot of interesting insights into making process… :roll_eyes:

27 Likes

Yeah, for a kind of “making of” I really miss some real insights into the making, too.

1 Like

Have to agree with you. Would be even more awesome to have something like this but with a more journalistic approach.

This would make sense!
I like this idea. Q1 next year, not so much though haha. Let’s say Q4 of 2020.

Someone on YT said we’re not going to buy a analog rytm keys. Well, he couldn’t be more wrong haha. Analog rytm combined with A4 synth engine but with 8 voices (choose between Rytm engine or A4 engine)? I buy right away. or 4 voices of the A4 synth engine available on 4 tracks but the machine is polychainable with the A4 mk1/2 for up to 8 voices? I’m in!

1 Like

Haha, I like that we finally know why there are so many pictures of them in dirt.

They fell from space like a meteor and were discovered by a creepy peasant in a field who proceeded to jam immediately!

1 Like

Don’t do hector dirty like that.

1 Like

5 Likes

He also cronenberged a dystopian rave

6 Likes

Don’t you know the story? They’re from the future!

4 Likes

Presentation is somewhat a return to the old aesthetic. Not appealing to me. The M:C clay creatures have been Elektron’s style high point so far.

3 Likes

I’ve always thought Elektron true colors were dark. Hector would agree, no doubt.

6 Likes

But it’s for the old machines, makes sense right?

4 Likes