The Elektron Feedback Loop: January 2021

If they make a survey to decide where to go in the future from now, that mean we will not see any new Elektron product for many years ?

1 Like

interesting yeah, also just remembered critter & guitari have a decent official forum

btw i’m curious
who from elektron is active on here? i’m still learning alot about the company…that’s pretty cool

2 Likes

Wonder if they are giving away a Digitakt to help shift stock before a February launch of Digitakt MkII (with song mode and stereo samples of course…) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

None was an option on the sustainable question.

That was my favourite question! Usually I’m in the 40-50 group, so hanging out with the 35 year olds was nice :laughing:

5 Likes

Not necessarily. They probably have things planned/lined up for the next two to three (if not five) years. The where to go in the future will be from that time onwards. It takes time to implement these things.

5 Likes

Yeah, and it all may be pandemic and supply related who knows, a software strategy and the lick of paint boxes might be the best they can muster under Covid, who knows? Every business has to stay above water in these times

2 Likes

I think Korg US ended up bailing out korgforums.com many years ago when they were running out of money. They didn’t take the site over or state any conditions, just paid the bills. The site still says “hosted by KORG USA” so looks like they’ve been doing that for nearly 15 years. That’s admirable.

3 Likes

I took the survey specifically to advocate for a Digitakt mk2. I firmly believe it would be a landmark product for them. An advanced Digitakt with the addition of the most requested features (looking at you song mode, stereo sampling, advanced eq, more sample storage, and additional outputs) would be an instant buy for me and others who would like an advanced feature set that maintains the beautiful simplicity of the original. I requested the ability to sample in 12bit and a couple of velocity sensitive pads just for good measure. It may be a lost cause but it’s my lost cause.

4 Likes

This also sounds a lot like an Octatrack.

Perhaps the next logical step in the evolution is “Elektron Sampler” ? Something that takes the best of both the OT and DT could be a really super sampler. I can’t think about such things though! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Same :joy:

I’d stick a bit of MD in there too so you have the option of internal synthesis or samples on each track :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Elektron Feedback Loop does sound nice anyway.
I’ve always liked feedback loops.

4 Likes

Yeah I have been on the fence about the OT for a while. But for me, the simplicity of the Digitakt is crucial. I’ve been pretty exhaustive in researching the OT and ultimately I just don’t think it’s my bag. The performance sampler aspect is not really where my interest lies. But I know this topic has been hashed out quite a bit on this forum so I’ll leave it at that.

2 Likes

That’s a cool idea.

1 Like

It also sounds a lot like the Analog Rytm Mkii, sans stereo sampling / more storage.

I wonder why Elektron asks several questions about DAWs and VSTs. Are they planning to release a plugin that works without hardware? Or a hybrid thing where the hardware is just a controller for a software?

1 Like

I was curious about that too. It made me think the same thing. Maybe porting a version of Overbridge into its own standalone daw.

2 Likes

Would make me happy :blush:

I lurk their forum from time to time just to see what’s up. I kinda wish they would’ve expanded their product line instead of focusing so much on the organelle but that is their bread & butter.

2 Likes