The Elektron Feedback Loop: January 2021

Yeah for sure, I think this brings up the point about eco friendly packaging (makings is more aware it is if it is) and potential more charity drive aspects. E.g donation to animal charity , helping underprivileged children wanting to explore music with devices. This sort of thing I think is good. I really like Noise engineering’s donations towards helping the pangolins for instance or that Moog is employee owned. As a millennial I find this sort of things quite appealing xD. Even things like eco concious aspects at the workplace and WEEEE disposal of electronics. All for me help me make a more informed choice of not only the products but also who I am personally supporting. Great example mutable instruments. She after a few runs open sources her designs and software. From that has amassed a large amount of respect and favour (and quite rightly) from the eurorack and synth community.

6 Likes

I selected Ableton as well, only because of their Push exchange offer when they released Push 2. I wish more companies did that.

3 Likes

That’s a great point I didn’t think of at the time. It’s a win win for everyone!

I would buy that IMMEDIATELY as well. LOL

1 Like

Odd how there is only one question that generally asks what WE want. Majority of questions are extractive. This is disappointing for me, but still, I was glad to do the survey to help them along.

1 Like

Concur with the need for a “None” option. Also let’s get brands on sustainability and social responsibility … these are some of my values and would love to support brands that share them.

(Willing to learn if there are some out there :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

I agree with this, especially regarding the sustainability question since I am not well informed with the company practices and generally don’t associate it with consumer electronics.

1 Like

Took the survey … some questions I would have answered with more than a 1 to 3 selection. IMO the questions could have been more consistent in some fields and better thought out.

I hope they can distill the information they are after … :wink:

2 Likes

Tried to answer but the second part was too boring. Why did you change places for the different brands in the answer options? It was really annoying.

2 Likes

Interesting. First the CEO posting on LinkedIn (which is odd enough on its own), and now a fairly lengthy survey taking the pulse of the users. It does seem that Elektron are at a pivotal point as a company. The product line is really well filled out, covering almost all segments. It’s equal parts exciting and scary. New directions and pushing boundaries are great, but I hope it’s not so big a quantum leap as to alienate the core users (i.e. lovers of great hardware synths/samplers).

Of course, now that I have completed the survey, I’m thinking of all kinds of requests I could have made. Oh well.

2 Likes

Do another one

7 Likes

I agree, those kind of things I can get behind, but most of them do not influence a purchase, my purchase decisions are made mainly on features, quality and other product attributes. I definitely will actively avoid a company with bad practices, but if a company has say a political message on their social media it does not influence a purchase and always looks a bit cringey to me.

1 Like

I know Moog is a worker owned co-op, which depending on your politics can fit the social responsibility bill pretty well. Waiting for the synth company that manages to organically grow their synths from native foragables in a nitrogen-neutral way for full sustainability points.

10 Likes

Ah, they’re just fishing for compliments! :wink:

2 Likes

:joy:

The “what do you want to do with your Elektron products tomorrow you can’t do today” was a great way to word it. What do I really want, what am I missing? I wrote “break out of 64 step paradigm” lol

4 Likes

I wrote: 1) MPE MIDI support for external controllers. 2) Internal sequencers record and play back expression data such as aftertouch. 3) Ability to map CV parameters from the A4’s FX macros (to have dual CV gate and velocity out). Finally; 4) More Machines for the RYTM.

3 Likes

I completed the survey just a few minutes ago and the options you were asking for were available to me for selection.

2 Likes

Can anything here be newly spoken that is not previously covered in the thousands of posts? Lol

3 Likes

@Elektron

Would be great even if you sort of announcing the poll will end by participating or not to the contest for winning a digitakt… When we see the Elektron logo at the end : to add something like :

Thanks for participating have a nice day - you can now close this window.

Because we wait for something… we are not sure… And as the poll is quite long we don’t want to make it another time… just a little advise.

Maybe it’s just me.
:slight_smile:

10 Likes