The Elektron Feedback Loop: January 2021

Honestly if the biggest new features of a mkii were stereo samples and song mode I’d be very disappointed. I’d rather have some functions for more interesting sound design and modulation, filters, fix, maybe an arp

2 Likes

Have a look for the Pulsar 23

Already bought it last August.
Not my thing, soundwise.
And more limited than I thought, even if there are lots of nice ideas.
It’s gone now, and I don’t miss it at all.

No, Monomachine and Octatrack are still innovative hardware years after, I love such timeless innovative grooveboxes!

3 Likes

Analog heat as a multitrack recorder with programable midi macros. Elektron hear my plea.

1 Like

It was a pleasure to participate.

I just got 3 small wishes:

1. Pls Elektron don’t jump the shark! Stay grounded and keep your head outta your ass, we need u.

2. The Elektron Sequencer(s) are super robust and musical, but there’s stuff the competition got, you may think about including, like Triggering different notes on the same step controlled by Propability or every x repeat (as in play C 20% and E# 80% on step x) . Deluge’s got that for example.

3. Perhaps setting start and end point of a sequence dynamically mid performance. MC707 can do that.

9 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Feature Request for all Elektron Machines

That was legit the most thoroughly thought out survey I’ve ever taken. Has anyone heard if they found a winner for the digitakt yet?

2 Likes

yes, who of you owns 2 digitakts now? :wink:

4 Likes

Hahahaha!! Love this!
Count yourself lucky though… I’m in the next bracket up!

1 Like

Totally agree with number 2 !

1 Like

Just got an email for a September Feedback Loop survey - win a Digitone! Already completed :white_check_mark:

Compared to the last one, tho, there’s no talk about SAAS or any of that software-related stuff. Maybe the feedback was not good for that kind of business model and they’re gonna double down on hardware in the future? :thinking:

9 Likes

Yeah just did mine too, noticed that.

Incidentally I did a Roland one the other day which was focussed on Zenology SAAS stuff, kind of weird how hardware companies seem quite fixated on it, seems very fadish to me. FDIK though.

1 Like

That just means they’ve made their decision, it could just as likely (in fact more likely IMO) be that they’ve decided to press ahead with it.

1 Like

Who knows? If they can stop it easily being distributed for free illegally, it could be a money spinner. Either way, I’ll consider it a possibility.

1 Like

I only think it’s more likely than not because they’re a loss-making company that needs to become profitable and subscription models are the current thing. As annoying as they are, they do work in many cases and for many products, if by “work” one means “people put up with it and pay the money”. When they get tired of it and leave, you tempt them back with a discount. Repeat ad nauseum.

Though, I have met people who love subscription services. Properly love them. I’m old and grumpy and have subscription PTSD from Adobe so I don’t particularly.

5 Likes

Hope not, but maybe true. I think I’d rather see Elektron focus on what they do best, it is what sets them apart from the pack.

I mean as far as Analog circuits under full digital control with the A4/AR/AH they really could further expand on this area which they started so well.

5 Likes

I also hope not, but then I also want Elektron to be profitable and to continue to exist…

3 Likes

I wonder how useful a survey like this one is, since we’re just clicking from pre-determined selections. Is Elektron really in the red? I wouldn’t have guessed that, due to the popularity of their gear.

Completed the new one as well. One thing I found a bit weird was the non-Elektron brands they’d chosen to name in the survey. Felt a bit… random. (Sure, some of the brands like Akai have lots of products that compete against the Elektron samplers, for example.)

The survey also made me realize I’ve owned shitloads of Elektrons. And still own quite a few. :grinning:

6 Likes

Same, but to me it felt like they really seemed to focus on companies which make samplers…

1 Like