The Elektron Feedback Loop: January 2021

I only think it’s more likely than not because they’re a loss-making company that needs to become profitable and subscription models are the current thing. As annoying as they are, they do work in many cases and for many products, if by “work” one means “people put up with it and pay the money”. When they get tired of it and leave, you tempt them back with a discount. Repeat ad nauseum.

Though, I have met people who love subscription services. Properly love them. I’m old and grumpy and have subscription PTSD from Adobe so I don’t particularly.

5 Likes

Hope not, but maybe true. I think I’d rather see Elektron focus on what they do best, it is what sets them apart from the pack.

I mean as far as Analog circuits under full digital control with the A4/AR/AH they really could further expand on this area which they started so well.

5 Likes

I also hope not, but then I also want Elektron to be profitable and to continue to exist…

3 Likes

I wonder how useful a survey like this one is, since we’re just clicking from pre-determined selections. Is Elektron really in the red? I wouldn’t have guessed that, due to the popularity of their gear.

Completed the new one as well. One thing I found a bit weird was the non-Elektron brands they’d chosen to name in the survey. Felt a bit… random. (Sure, some of the brands like Akai have lots of products that compete against the Elektron samplers, for example.)

The survey also made me realize I’ve owned shitloads of Elektrons. And still own quite a few. :grinning:

6 Likes

Same, but to me it felt like they really seemed to focus on companies which make samplers…

1 Like

https://www.largestcompanies.com/company/Elektron-Music-Machines-MAV-AB-285824/closing-figures-and-key-ratios

2 Likes

I didn’t receive mine. When did you receive it?

Is this only for people who took the first survey? I didn’t because I was too new to Elektron products at the time.

Sent out about an hour ago. Maybe yours is timed for later on because you’re in Canada?

2 Likes

I think it’s coming by boat.

4 Likes

Maybe it’s because I’m at work, I don’t always receive my emails on their Network.

Yes

1 Like

Well boo.

Received 2 hours ago.

The Elektron Feedback Loop

First of all, thanks for participating in our previous Feedback Loop.

5 Likes

I mean if it turns out that the Syntakt is basically a Digitone and a Digitakt smashed together with more memory and a song mode to better compete with the Akai boxes, then it will be mine.

8 Likes

Haha mine too

Did the recent survey seem short for everyone else? I feel like mine was abridged. Like I wonder if it was because I responded that most of my future purchases were more likely to be secondhand.

It seems dumb because if I’m right, that’s going about things backwards … if Elektron puts out something attractive enough the I’m more likely to buy it new, like I did with my M:C.

2 Likes

You just said it. That would be the ultimate. I would pay good money for that.

For me the provided list of devices suggests Elektron are researching rhythmical side of competition.

1 Like