The Elektron Feedback Loop: February 2023

We like to listen to our fellow musicians - not only to your music - but also to your thoughts, ideas and perspectives. Therefore we would like to ask you a few questions about music-making, gear and your perspective on Elektron and our products.

Take your chance to either win a Syntakt, a Model:Samples or 10 Sound Packs by finishing the survey! Your feedback will help us a lot to see things your way - and to make our products even more fun for you play with. The survey ends on March 1st, 2023. Find the survey here.

7 Likes

5 Likes

Just completed the Elektron survey (you should get it in an email if you’re signed up for them). Any thoughts on where the questions were leading? Cloud / software / remote collaboration stuck out to me. What about you?

4 Likes

I don’t think it means much. The same question was asked in a survey a couple of years ago.

1 Like

But they wouldn’t ask if they weren’t gauging where the market is at and seeing what interest there is for certain directions. At least that’s my thinking. For example, they don’t ask about modular / Eurorack, but they do ask if you’d like to see software versions of Elektron hardware :thinking:

3 Likes

Nice, I liked the survey. I think maybe Syntakt wasn’t available on the ‘products you intend to purchase’ page, though. Maybe that’s because you can win one :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Could be understood at least in two ways. Are we still OK being a just a hardware company or do we really need to expand into software/cloud driven services? It’s obvious that the latter would mean either a huge investment in a completely new area or collaboration with another company.

Modular or even semi-modular would be a very different approach and a significant shift in product philosophy I’d say. Hence it’s ruled out from the beginning.

2 Likes

Model:Samples -also a prize - is on the list of ‘planned purchases’
Syntakt missing from the list has to be a mistake.

1 Like

That sucks for the Syntakt

2 Likes

Is the survey available anywhere (besides directly thru email)? I did the first one a couple of years ago but I guess I didn’t sign up for more. :grinning: As a heavy Elektron user I’d be interested in answering this one as well.

2 Likes

As far as I’m aware, it’s sent to anyone filling out this box at the bottom of the home page.

Not sure if doing it now will get you the survey tho. You could email support about it.

1 Like

Survey was in my spam folder fwiw

4 Likes

Thanks guys, indeed it was in the spam folder!

3 Likes

Interestingly you can’t subscribe to the newsletter when content blockers are active in Safari/mac OS…

Yep. Filled it out.

They are using Klaviyo. Their forms are implemented via javascript so AdGuard and others are blocking it, which is annoying, both as a user and developer.

Yeah… I know. Not necessarily best practice, but well the entire website is a whole different story… :grin:

Ah, so it’s not just me. Good to know.

only just signed up for the newsletter, and no survey. Tried to make a support ticket, put it under overbridge, and i got a automatic response saying they were too busy to answer overbridge support tickets and to consult the manual lol. any advice?

i like the idea of using a hardware device and someone somewhere else is using an identical machine, they are linked in a network, you work on (say) tracks 1-8, they work on tracks 9-16 and both units update inputs in real time mirroring states.

1 Like