The Elektron documentation thread

Hahaha, sorry. I’m just a miserable old git who moans to fill the empty days. :wink:

2 Likes

No worries man. I have been known to do some moaning occationally myself :smiley:

2 Likes

The CH.LEN and M.LEN settings are a bit hard to wrap your head around initially. I feel that this area of the manual gets a lot of head scratching.

This was only partially fixed in the A4 manual for 1.50 (Analog-Four-MKII-User-Manual_ENG_OS1.50_200924.pdf), it now says “listen to how the sound of pattern changes” which is still not correct grammar. It should be “listen to how the sound of the pattern changes”.

Looks like all the other issues I reported above are fixed though, thanks :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks for reminding me about that passage. It is now (finally) fixed in the manual.

4 Likes

Octatrack MKI, MKII, every user manuals.

As noted by @Clancy:

It’s indeed nowhere in the manual.
We found it to be a REP countdown. How many repetitions left before jump to the next patter in the arrangement.

In an example with playing pattern with REP set to 2:
01’
00’
-> next

:thup:

5 Likes

A4mk2 manual for 1.50, section 15.2 ANALOG FOUR MKII WITH OTHER ELEKTRON GEAR:

Because the Machinedrum is connected to the Analog Four MKII inputs, the internal effects of the Analog Four MKII can be used to affect the incoming signal.

But the example is using a Monomachine, not Machinedrum.

1 Like

Another small one for the AR Mk2 manual:

‘yap’ should be ‘tap’, right?

4 Likes

Chihuahua edition confirmed; simply connect with a lead to your lapdog using Roverbridge.

7 Likes

:joy:

@eangman The description of the EMPTY RESET in the A4 MK2 reads:

To perform this operation, press the second [TRIG] key. All kits, patterns, Sounds and songs will be erased.

IMHO that’s quite misleading and doesn’t describe what an EMPTY RESET really does (clears the RAM, so everything not saved before is gone / content of +drive is not effected).

1 Like

I want to propose adaptions to the Sysex dump segment in the manual, as well as ask for a proper how-to for the backup and recovery process of Analog Rytm.

This forum shows over a dozen, mostly unanswered questions about the process – people have a lot of pain about it.
In addition, sme people think they managed a proper backup because C6 tells them it was successful – but don’t realize that if their projects include samples, their backup isn’t complete.

There is unclarity in the manual’s documentation:

• “WHOLE PROJECT sends all kits, Sounds, patterns, songs and global slots + settings to the receiving
    device. i.e. the complete project.” >> I’d argue that this absolutely needs clarification about samples not being backed up. The sentence ending with “complete project” is really wrong, since projects can include samples. I would change it do eg “WHOLE PROJECT sends all kits, Sounds, patterns, songs and global slots + settings to the receiving device - but not the samples, which have to be backed up separately via the Transfer app”. Ideally, the wording in the UI would also be corrected.

• “ALL SETTINGS sends all settings to the receiving device” >> what does this mean? What “settings” are sent?

Since the backup process requires two different software tools (C6 and Transfer), and is unusual when compared to the backup processes expected from most contemporary users, I think that most every user would benefit from a step-by-step, handholding approach to this. What do you think?

1 Like

Actually, that is such a funny mistake that I’m tempted to leave it in. Maybe if I change it to “yip” instead? :grinning: Okok I will fix it. Thanks!

6 Likes

I’ll have a look at that description. Thanks for bringing it up!

3 Likes

I hear you! The backup process is unfortunately a bit convoluted and the manual is not as helpful as it could be. I will have a look at it. Thanks for the heads up!

3 Likes

i’ll just leave this one here :wink:

4 Likes

Hahaaaa I edited my post, now no one will know of my sloppyness… oh wait…

3 Likes

+1 For leaving ‘yap’ in the manual.

Hmmm yes you are indeed right. I will add some information about that in the manual. Thanks!

2 Likes

You are right of course. Will fix that. Thanks for pointing it out!

2 Likes