The Elektron documentation thread

You are right of course. Will fix that. Thanks for pointing it out!

2 Likes

Actually, it gets even more funny. Had a look at the AR MKI manual and there it reads…

“Each pad is velocity sensitive, which means a gentle rap and a decisive stab on the pad will produce drum sounds of different intensities.” :smiley:

7 Likes

Spits a few bars directly at the pads. This thing doesn’t work! :joy:

3 Likes

For all you lovers of smooth RnB out there :crazy_face:

1 Like

Gentle rap artists wouldnt spit bars, rather whisper them softly in your ear.

Mumble rap mode enabled :slight_smile:

3 Likes

In the Rytm mk1 pdf manual, Appendix D: Machines - The Dual VCO machine only describes 4 of the 5 configurations.

“FR” = Frequency modulation (linear) and Ring modulation (Does not pitch track 100% correct) is missing.

3 Likes

Yes I saw that in another thread. I will fix it. Thanks for letting me know :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Fixed!

1 Like

I already got another one for ya^^ :upside_down_face:

OT mk1 pdf manual page 75, in the plays free paragraph it says; ‘Read more about track trigging in the section “TRACK” on page 81.’

Page 81 is already the next chapter about the AED, shouldn’t this refer to page 68 instead (the section about trig modes)?

1 Like

In the Digitone manual, the paragraph about pattern copying always confused me. It says:

You can copy the active pattern to another location in the same bank or another bank. You can not be in GRID RECORDING mode if you want to perform a pattern copy operation. Copy the pattern by pressing [FUNC] + [RECORD]. Select another pattern, and then press [FUNC] + [STOP] to paste the copied pattern to this location. Please note that you can only paste to the currently active pattern. Clear a pattern by pressing [FUNC] + [PLAY].

Someone (Martebar) just showed me that you can paste to patterns which are not currently active. Maybe remove that sentence?

1 Like

Hmm I’ll look in to that. It does seem a bit strange. Thanks!

2 Likes

Oh, good catch. I will fix that. Thanks for your keen eyes!

1 Like

You have an old copy of the manual.

The new one doesn’t include this sentence and contains a bold type block how to paste to another pattern without leaving the active one.

(pinging @eangman, too)

2 Likes

Ah, darn, so this was added later. Good to know and kicking myself for missing it. Vital function. Cheers!

Well, what do you know. It seems I actually did get that one right. Too bad I can’t remember all the fantastic work I do :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

On a side note, noone here at Elektron knew it was possible to copy and paste to a non-acive pattern before someone here on Elektronauts discovered it and pointed it out :grinning:

6 Likes

@eangman wait till you guys find out about that one weird trick that has Octatrack users delighted!

We do :wink:

6 Likes

Developers have sometimes this irresistible urge to hide easter eggs in their software (not known by anyone else). I’ve left some myself in various products.

1 Like

Actually, this time it seemed like not even the developers knew about it. Talk about the ghost in the machine…

2 Likes