The Elektron documentation thread

Haha no man it was meeeeeee I’m ur genie

So sweet. I’ve been makin that request for a while. I LOVE IT! :+1:t6:

• amazing update
  • multi-outs werk

The planets are aligning!

OH YOU FUCKER…hahaha…

when you said YOU did it…you meant YOU added 1.20.
I just noticed the white is a different white, not as noticeable on my phone. but CLEARLY visible on my computer. im so god damn tired and stressed. im open to anything. I feel like my credit card number is at risk now.

anyways, I LOVE what you did. I STILL hope Elektron adds that to the cover.

ill just mark-em myself then ha ha ha. DAMN!

mine is the correct white, font and alignment :wink:

2 Likes

Ahaha I love it dude, mine is the obvious bootleg. It definitely is useful!

2 Likes

you got me…you got me GOOD! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Digitakt

10.10.6 COPY, PASTE AND CLEAR OPERATIONS
… Clear a pattern by pressing [FUNC] + [PLAY].

This shortcut only clears the sequencer data, not the pattern. The way to clear the pattern is by using the Clear Pattern option on the Pattern Menu (…). Instructions a bit misleading. I get that the current configuration of shortcuts for pattern are probably the most used.

Not sure if it’s a bug or not but clearing the whole pattern does NOT clear any Per-Track Scale settings which I figure it should as these are stored in the pattern. The only way to reset these is manually or copying and pasting a default blank pattern.

–edit-- Confirmed bug from support. Clearing a Pattern should clear per-track scaling.

Yes, I hear you. I will chage it to make it clear that it is the trigs that gets cleared with that combo and not the whole pattern. Thanks for pointing it out!

4 Likes

Thanks @eangman ! Love helping to make these products better for everyone.

1 Like

Hi, not sure if this has been reported but the Digitakt pattern mute CC is wrong in the manual.

In manual: Pattern mute is CC66
IRL: Pattern mute is CC110

Checked with MIDI Monitor (out of Digitakt) and Ableton (into Digitakt)

1 Like

I’ve already reported this as a bug but it may simply be a documentation issue. In the Digitone manual, page 39, it states under M.LEN explanation that the CH.LEN parameter ‘can override this’. This invites the expectation that it will. However, it only does so when the value is LESS than the current M.LEN.

I’d prefer it if it worked as documented but the lack of response to my bug report, suggests it will not be changed. Therefore, the docs might be better saying ‘you can enter a number larger than M.LEN but it will be quietly ignored, leaving you to puzzle it out. Haha fooled you!*’

• You might find a better way of putting that :wink:

Master length works like that, it can be interrupted but once the M LEN number is met it will change, can you not just use infinite M LEN, that way CH LEN can be what you want.

I guess I was just hoping the docs would make this clear to save new user bafflement.

You’re right, I could pretend all my patterns are infinite - but then I’d lose the instant recognition I get when I’ve made some tracks odd lengths.
I guess I might be arguing for the CH.LEN to be a specific number for chain play rather than general changing. Right now chains feel clunky - i.e. when you’re building them beyond just a few there’s no visibility of what you’ve added so no feel for the structure you’re creating.

Not sure what you mean by “instant recognition I get when making some tracks odd lengths”, was there a particular reason why you want a change length that is longer than the master length?, do you create polyrythms that don’t have a common meeting point and require a master length to reset them?.
You are right about chains, they are not the best if your play style relies on them but better than nothing, it just means you have to be a bit me hands on.

It means that when I use INF it’s because the pattern features tracks of different lengths. So when I see that, it’s a good reminder of what’s happening.
Right now, if I want a pattern to play 4 times I have to put it in the chain 4 times. Reading the docs, the CH.LEN parameter would seem to offer a solution - for a regular four bar pattern you’d set a CH.LEN of 256. Of course that doesn’t work and my whole point was to ask either for change or more clarity in the docs.

I don’t mind being hands-on, but it seems like an opportunity wasted the way it is now, especially given the lack of visibility of existing chains.

I suppose you just can’t have it all, removing master length and using change length to build multiple pattern passes doesn’t seem like a big compromise to me but maybe our workflow styles differ.
The problem is more with pattern chain visibility and the inability to do multiple passes of the first pattern than anything else, the master and change length options are pretty good imo.

Analog Heat MKII
Manual version: Oct 8, 2019

Page 8, Section 2.1, ‘Front Panel Controls’

In the list of controls below the diagram, LFO and SETTINGS are erroneously swapped.

[SETTINGS] should be #3.
[LFO] should be #4.

2 Likes

Sorry for the late reply. Had some holiday coming :slight_smile: You are absolutely right and I will fix this so that it will be correct in the next version of the manual. Thanks!

3 Likes

Hi there. Hmmm I will have another look at this and see how I can improve the manual to make this a bit more clear. Thanks for bringing it up!

2 Likes

Yes that is indeed not correct. I will fix that and upload a new manual. Thanks for keeping an eye out for my fumbles… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks. Course it would be wonderful if whatever number you put into that field counted. Call me a silly old man, but it feels wrong when a machine lets me enter something that it fully intends to ignore.

The problem, I think, stems from the misuse of the concept of ‘infinity’. We did it a different way in Cirklon. :wink:

1 Like