The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

Dynamic polyphony per track would poss make me grab a DT. I requested it a few times for OT. Would be a good move from Elektron on this box tempting more OT owners to pick one up…

‘Global kits’ options. Seems weird to skip this on a ‘drum machine’. The option to load/save kits would save a lot of fiddling in some situations.

Performance macros.

Insert fx per track. At least 1 slot per track to enable things like different delay times/feedback per track/sound.

Arpeggio. On both audio + midi tracks. And ideally programmable by user with a bank on +drive to save user arp patterns to.

1 Like

1- Effects for the incoming Audio.
2- Rute any LFO to any track like in the Machinedrum.
3- Pattern chains.
4- Step Ratcheting

3 Likes

I would like a slice mode that lay outs different parts of a sample on the chromatic keyboard so that you could play different parts of a phrase real time on a single track. This would enable something akin to an MPC workflow. P-locking start points is a work around, but it’s more programming than playing, so it’s not as spontaneous.

I’m getting used to the workflow on the digitakt, but a few different workflow options is always nice.

5 Likes

Maybe worth trying an OT if can find a good used price? It has this functionality you’re looking for in an Elektron environment and not sure it makes sense from Elektron’s POV to add these kind of things to DT while OT is still in production… OT + DT would cover almost everything tho, only thing really missing in that setup is Polyphonic tracks…

speaking of which, I was just thinkin this morning, polyphonic track setup like on A4 would be great :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Yup, I’d love to see Elektron finally look at polyphonic sampling. Guess it just doesn’t feature in their own music/requirements much :confused: A4 style voice allocation would be great. I’d probably grab a DT if they put it in there…

1 Like

well yeah but you run out of options fast with only 1 lfo

what really surprises me is that midi tracks don’t have a dedicated arpeggiator

1 Like

Yeah that’s the OT workaround too but it’s more like programming/layering than ‘playing’ polyphonically tho. Not really comparable in terms of being able to instinctively search for notes/chords/layers by ‘playing’. Op1 is great for this, just misses timestrech. Microsampler’s the only hardware that I have that does both poly+timestrech… Elektron seem determined to avoid it :frowning:

I think most of these have been covered already, but from my perspective the following would be good.

Hinted at by Elektron:

• Compressor / sidechain / EQ / filter on Master channel
  • Pattern chains saved automatically with each project
  • Notch / comb / other filter models

No evidence they’re likely, but seem relatively feasible:

• “Load kit data” option alongside save / clear / reload, to enable copying of kits between patterns
  • Scale per track
  • Polyphonic recording on MIDI tracks
  • MIDI retriggers
  • Naming MIDI CCs
  • Full data transfer
  • Selecting root note in chromatic mode
  • Button press + encoder to lock changes to integer values

Stuff which I assume involves substantial changes to the code / business model, and is probably never going to happen:

• Linking two mono audio tracks as a stereo pair (even if you could only do this on two tracks per pattern, and only record into it through resampling or file transfer, it would still be a gamechanger)
  • Push-esque scales in chromatic mode
  • No time restrictions on USB main output streaming via Overbridge Basic (I get that Elektron need to push people to pay for Premium, but the current Basic offer seems pretty stingy)
  • Ability to send external inputs (as 2x mono or stereo pair) to effect sends / Master mixer
17 Likes

I thought I read a post by elektron staff on a thread yesterday that scales in chromatic mode have been implemented already? I could be wrong now, n I haven’t read the f***in manual yet as I’m on mi holidays. :rofl:

I’d looooooove some loop measurements for sampling. Its nice to keep the material you gather on the DT simple and streamlined, so that it can be used in the daw as well.

1 Like

thanks for the suggestion but i need the midi sequencer to sequence external gear

1 Like

you can then use the MIDI thru port for that - split the 8 midi tracks between external gear and internal modulation as needed / available.

1 Like

yeah to minimum, but it s different different with settings from - to 0 to +. cant us the reset for that

this is clearing controller data, so it basically Erases all the date u recorded, so…

true and thanks but still, midi effects and an arpeggiator would be nice when talking about wishes :wink:

If I’m jamming with others in Gmaj, it is pain to have keep doing Oct+/Oct- to run through the scale, or even just play the octaves. I’d like to be able to transpose the chromatic mode.

This feature could be done either of two ways:

• As if you are sliding the trigs up/down the keyboard: You choose which white note is trig 9. If it were G, then you’d have:
    trigs 1 - 8: [--] [G♯] [A♯] [--] [C♯] [D♯] [--] [F♯]
    trigs 9 - 16: [G ] [A ] [B ] [C ] [D ] [E ] [F ] [G ]

• Transposition: The arrangement stays the same, and you continue to play in C, but it is transposed to a different key. You can get this effect now by tuning the sample down - but it is painful to tune it by exact semitones with the current [FUNC]+encoder quantaizing.

I like either of these better than “scale” mode as I keep the full chromatic scale available.

2 Likes

The one thing I’d most like to see added to the DT is the ability to choose to route the audio ins to tracks in place of sample playback on the tracks, allowing synths being sequenced by the DT to be processed by the track’s signal chain (filter, overdrive, etc.) and effects (reverb, delay).

6 Likes

another vote for a Solo mode !

edit:
SRC page/sample load menu needs a rework.

2 Likes

Sorry if this has been mentioned (thread is too long to read through) or is possible (nothing in the manual on this).

My request: be able to load a sample from the RAM or +Drive into the recorder for editing. Yes, I know about resampling, but this would save time!

9 Likes