The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

Really really wish we could pass through pitch and modwheel midi through the DT from an external keyboard. Was a real bummer when i discovered this

6 Likes

I posted this in my own thread, but I wish the Digitakt could do ā€œsmoothā€ wave scanning like a wavetable synth doesā€¦

5 Likes

PTN + PAGE activates a page loop mode that loops the current page indefinitely, until the combo is pressed again.

Hitting PAGE in this mode jumps to loop that particular page (switch occurring according to CH. LEN).

5 Likes

Stock, DT has plenty of features that require cumbersome button combinations.

Is it possible to copy a KIT and paste it onto another pattern? If not Iā€™d love that feature implemented.

In my opinion there was nothing out the box that was cumbersome when I got it, a year ago. There have been a few cumbersome things added like the copy currently playing pattern to another pattern without switching. But, everyoneā€™s hands feel comfortable doing different things.

Currently the only way to get a kit from one pattern to the next is to copy the entire sequence, then delete the pattern.

Which sucks, as Iā€™d like to quickly copy a bank of sounds from one pattern to another w/out overwriting sequence data. The cumbersome workaround is to copy pattern to another pattern and then copy sequence data from a different pattern to that pattern, and then copy that pattern and paste it on the pattern i wanted to change the kit of. A COPY/PASTE KIT function, in the pattern menu would make this a matter of 4 button presses. Far less cumbersome.

1 Like

That is quite cumbersome, not how I would do it on the digitalkt, but as I mentioned earlier everyoneā€™s hands are comfortable doing different things. I personally would just copy the sequence to a blank spot clear the pattern and write a new one with the kit I copied. Which is actually not cumbersome at all as copying/pasting/deleting is pretty much the same across elektron boxes.

Seems what you are getting at is the ability to simply kit swap, which would be awesome.

would be fine also, I just would like to speed up the process of having a few diff patterns make up a chain, for them to have the same ā€œstarting pointā€ KIT-wiseā€¦and as since the KIT is constantly evolving, Iā€™d like to be able to apply whole KIT changes on one sequence to another, quickly.

1 Like

When selecting samples in SRC. It would be nice if you could just push FN TRK (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) to change track, without leaving the folder treeā€¦

4 Likes

donā€™t know if this has been answered yet but it is actually quite simple:

use probability trigs and microtiming. i do this all the Time and its really easy and funā€¦

First trig bar 1: 1st chord, Prob 1:2
Second trig bar 1: 3rd chord, Prob 2:2, microtimed all the Way Left.
First trig bar 3: 2nd chord, Prob 1:2
Second trig bar 3: 4th chord, Prob 2:2, also microtimed all the Way to the Left.

(or wherever you wish to progress with the chords)

this Way you get 4 chords in an 8 bar Loop, comes really handy and can make a lot of evolving patterns when you Play around with other probabilities (eg first chord 3:4, following chord not pre).

Sorry for hijacking the setup Thread though.

1 Like

ha! not even the setup Thread :smile:

+1 Compress external input

4 Likes

Iā€™ll add to thisā€¦ holding pattern + step loops a playing pattern for a length based on the number of the step youā€™ve held. So for instance pattern + step 1 would loop the last step played until released. Pattern + step 16 would loop the last bar played. Etcā€¦

1 Like

Another small yet useful request: Holding FN on the mixer page should allow fo value jump from 0 to 127 and visceversa.
Now that we have the compressor it would be really useful to quickly mute/unmute the BD without loosing the sidechain compression (muting the track does this)

2 Likes

I would like to request for the following.

A channel dedicated to more then 1 sample. So u could use one channel to spice a track with multiple sounds without sacrificing to many tracks.

Just for 1 shots.

You can already do this. You can have different samples per step as well as different start points per step on one audio track. This is how many of us slice up drum breaks on one track, leaving the other 7 for more samples. Great for whakcy percussive lines as well.

2 Likes

Or even better use sound locks, that way the samples you insert will come with their own parameters rather that the ones in the track.

Ok i see. U can just select the sample for each stepā€¦ Thanks!

1 Like

Slice mode would be nice, maybe toggle when in chromatic mode. Could sample into 16

But how do I select more then 1 sample for 1 step?