The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

On the SRC page, replacing the LEV with a DRY level, making it possible to adjust dry signal gain individually, thus enabling full wet signal for mixing and resampling!

3 Likes

It would be cool if we can rename the value of the MIDI FLTR page and MIDI AMP page.
Please

man , it would be such a deal breaker for me to have the Bandpass filter added ā€¦ And sooooooo easy to make from Elektron ā€¦
Arpeeggio also would be such a nice feature ā€¦ and sooo easy it seems to add ā€¦

It would make me buy one for sureeee !!! :stuck_out_tongue:

I hope so much they will keep bringing the nice features ā€¦

2 Likes

I think you mean dealmaker and not deal breaker, isnā€™t it?

(deal breaker == cause one party to withdraw from a deal)

1 Like

Slices on the Digitakt would be cool!

6 Likes

bbbaahahaha yup i guesss i do mean a deal maker !!! :slight_smile: !!
what do yall think about a possibility for when and what could be the next update ? :stuck_out_tongue:

cheers

i guess the next breadcrump will be the BP filter in not too far future :wink:

4 Likes

You donā€™t use a lot of midi instruments, methinks. I do set up a template for every project, then copy it as needed - but it takes about 15 minutes that Iā€™d rather spend composing. If you donā€™t mind I like to let my feature request stand as isā€¦

Was midi note ratcheting mentioned previously? Why would they omit that one out?

Turn off track activity indicators LEDs - it makes muting difficult to distinguish and isnā€™t too useful anyway. Personally I donā€™t like the track activity indicators, I would like them to be turned off, or have the option to disable, or at the very least turned off when holding function down for muting.

9 Likes

The Digitakt has become my favorite piece of gear and the center of my setup, but this is also my biggest gripe. The troubling part is I do find the activity lights to be useful, but the disparity between what is muted and what isnā€™t, especially on 16th note tracks is a huge pain.

1 Like

I agree, I find the activity lights very useful too but they do make mutes states frequently difficult to distinguish.

1 Like

Im finally getting the hang of this thing and having fun instead of the frustration ive been feeling trying to learn it.

Other than not having individual outs over usb which i have confidence will be fixed.

I just really wish i could set the lfo speed and delay time by divisions. I know that people have made handy charts, but thats obviously not very convenient. It would be a pretty simple update i think, would love to see it happen.

Other than that, im really enjoying this thing and am really glad i picked it up.

2 Likes

I have a chord progression in my head. Just four chords, changing every two bars.

On the Digitakt I can enter that by slowing down the sequencer with a clock division so the 64 steps cover 8 bars instead of 4.

Over those slow chord changes, Iā€™d like a short 16th note melodic riff.

But all the tracks have been slowed down, so I canā€™t do that.

In my view, there is a rather simple solution to this (at least from a UI perspective) that I think Elektron should implement:

Individual step length: the number of sequencer clock ticks (usually 16th notes, but that depends on SCALE), before the sequencer advances to the next step.

Parameter-locking the step length would allow very general sequences to be constructed.

I think this is superior to Octatrackā€™s per-track scale because step length would be simply another parameter, not in a menu.

Thoughts?

5 Likes

You get really in trouble with Pattern Change Length then, because the real runtime of a single track can be anything.

1 Like

I can think of two workaround that you could try. Make the chord progression across two chained patterns or, utilize retrigs for the 16th note stuff

2 Likes

It would be nice if you could send one of the sample-channels to the headphone jack for external fx or pre-listening monitoring.

3 Likes

I really hope so, after using the Digitone I miss this a lot. Would help so much in making tracks sound cleaner, even if itā€™s the same as the DN without resonance

1 Like

BRUTE-FORCE BATCH-PLOCKING!

Parameter locks are great, but currently thereā€™s no way to preview a plocked sound. My proposal is to attack that problem in reverse.

Imagine if you will, that you have loaded a sample and tweaked it to taste while noodling around in chromatic mode. You record in a few notes and then manually tweak a few. Maybe you make some notes probabilistic and make more intricate plocked edits to others.

But letā€™s say thereā€™s still quite a bit of room in the track; you could conceivably load in a whole new sample and have it share the track (or even just radically reshape the existing sample using ever more extreme plocks) but, under current conditions the workflow to achieve that quickly becomes ungainly. Youā€™re necessarily flying blind for some of it - or at the very least, waiting for the sequence to come around and play the new sample / plock so you can hear what it sounds like. (That problem is actually inherent to plocking in general - it just feels less like a chore on the first pass of a sparse pattern)

Letā€™s say there was instead a wonderful new button comboā€¦ With the Record light on, you hold down any step button (as if you were going to make a plock) then hold down FUNC and then hit TRIG/Quantizeā€¦

ā€¦ As if by magic, every single parameter of every single step is now parameter locked, regardless of whether you left it at zero or whatever. That would essentially allow you to load in a new sample (because the sample slot is plocked for all current steps) go back into chromatic mode and start noodling and tweaking to your heartā€™s content. Any global changes you make from therein will have absolutely no effect on the previously recorded steps.

Of course that brute-force, batch-plocking could be repeated until you simply canā€™t squeeze any more out of a track - it wouldnā€™t allow you to do anything new, but it would be an amazing workflow improvement in terms of speed, enjoyment and ease-of-use.

2 Likes

Pitch envelope please, so basic for drum sampler

6 Likes