The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

Wouldn’t know, it’s not something I would do to have learned about, and it doesn’t mention it in the manual.

please make retrig rate and length CC-able

5 Likes

Song mode
Song mode
Song mode
Song mode
Song mode
Song mode
Song mode
Song mode
Song mode

2 Likes

track step length conditional trig. / end of track length trig.

e.g
the default of the track is 16 steps.
on step 6 i put a conditional trig that is effectively telling the sequencer its the last step based on percentage etc.
i don’t really care about fine fidelity of the trig , would be happy with 25%,50,75 , or the usual range of 1:2 , 2:2 etc.

but would be a great way to do polyrthyms.

or

load in the samples how you want them arranged (can be done now , possibly make fake blank samples if you want to pad out the list.)
arrange the defaults yourself.(can be done now)
save the pattern on 16/all patterns , and copy it around as needed.(can be done now)
save it as a starter project.(can be done now).

or if you name samples appropriately.
NEW FEATURE - ability to sort/re arrange sample list by name and it updates everything in the current project.

1 Like

It would be great, that it had a cassette tape effect…

3 Likes

Loving Digitakt so far but still I would like to see following features added (probably already requested):

• Additional base/width filter as implemented in Digitone. It would be great for internal mixing.

• Master EQ and effects section aimed for live performance (LP/HP filter, beat repeater, delay, etc.).

• Route audio input through master effect section.

• Access to pattern reload (FUNC + NO) via MIDI CC or NRPN.

1 Like

the filter can sort of be a master filter though with CTRL-ALL?

I mean, I know it’s not quite what you’re asking, but pretty close!

Not really, because if some tracks are using HP and others LP, or no filter, ctrl-all will affect them accordingly. One could only do an LP filter sweep, for example, if all tracks were using LP at the time. And trigs with p-locked filter parameters won’t be affected

2 Likes

Eq if we are going OB less. Even just live…
Or at least a fixed highpass cutting everything below 80Hz so the low end isnt mud…

The ability to link tracks or track parameters…ie. if i have a stereo sample splitt into it left and right sides as seperate samples and loaded onto pad on 7 and 8 and one is panned left and the other right i then have a true stereo sample…i want to be able to link 7 and 8 so that all parameters or just say “filter” will respond on 7 when i edit 8…like pressing track and moving a knob but only editing a group…or would also work for chords if i have 3 trks all with a sample of a sub phatty just playing the different notes in chord progression it would be nice just to edit the filter of all 3 as a group without effecting all trks…

1 Like

Can you link any tracks together?
Group them?

Would be so great if you could edit non playing patterns while sequencer is running.

I don’t know exactly what you mean but I’m pretty sure the answer is no :slight_smile:
There isn’t really any track grouping on the DT

A little track designator to the left on the LFO page, replacing the LEV indicator…!!!

Conditional Re Trigs!!!

Have a roll occur but only with a certain probability…the other times it is just a single hit.

Oh and DELETE UNUSED SAMPLES FROM PROJECT !!!

And Last Saved name is the default for naming next pattern.

Ie. DepecheMode1 is what you call the first sample.
then when you create your 2nd sample it is called DepecheMode1 and you just delete the 1 and can name it DepecheMode2 or whatever!
Would save a TON of time.

Thanks.

And I could not care less about Overbridge!

3 Likes

I’d like a specific function for moving patterns to different spots in one step. Copy and pasting plus then deleting is a lot of extra steps.

You can copy ‘DepecheMode’ when you’re in the sample naming screen. Then just paste the name for the second sample when you name it and add a 2.

3 Likes

Love this device so far and totally get that the magic is as much about what is left out as is left in, but I’d love a MachineDrum style bandpass filter. Often I want to do both low and high pass on a sample.

Some kind of slicing would be neat, as would the A4 chorus, but I can definitely live without those equally!

3 Likes

Scale per track

7 Likes

I don’t know if these have been mentioned:

1. a button combination to swap tracks (both sound and sequence), so you can re-organize tracks if needed.
  2. a way to assign a parameter modulation to velocity. there’s 2 empty slots on the TRIG screen, one could be used for that - and it would also compensate a little bit for the lack of a second LFO (I know that’s a completely different story but anyway…)

I would love to eventually get some confirmation on the technical possibility of having stereo monitoring… I understand that it sums to mono so you can hear it exactly as it’s going to be sampled… but I wonder if this is hard-wired from hardware, or it would be possible to add an extra option… as many others have stated, it would be great to avoid needing an extra mixer channel… even if I love the idea of processing the input through FX (wish seems less likely) having stereo monitoring is much more important to me

4 Likes