The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

I don’t do code, and I’d like a basic simple song mode/save-able pattern chain mode that should be a standard feature on a box like this. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Saving of chains will be added to the firmware. Hopefully soon!

Yes this!

So far the suggestions I like are-
-Individual mutes per track (would it be possible to trig condition them?)
-Timing per track, as in each track could be 1/8, 1/4, 1/1 ect.
-Zooming while editing a sample after it has been saved
Some great suggestions in here. Hope Elektron is watching this thread.

1 Like

They are watching this thread for sure and have something to make up for :yum:

I also hope for the timings per track. The only other Elektron box that has is it is the OT, this sampler should get it too :sweat_smile:

I really hope so. I’m at a bit of a stand still on using my DT with songwriting, as I can’t save what I’m working on (other than documentation).

I would love to be able to sequence mutes on trigs, so that everything drops out for a number of beats.

1 Like

I use the the fill thing to drop parts out amongst other uses. It’s not perfect but works great for break downs. Press the button to mute trigs and trigger some trigless trigs to pull things into filters an effects.

Or a set of trigless trigs that change the lfo speed convert the fill key into a vibrato/wobble thingy… So many things to try!

2 Likes

Be sure you’re not in step record mode! The normal fill mode will trigger trigs when the fill button is pressed, the fill mode over-lined will not trigger trigs when fill is pressed. Set the kick/snare/hats/etc to that condition and they will mute when you press fill creating a break.

It werks for me because I like to program my fills with conditional trigs instead :sunglasses:

If the trigs are programmed right and the fill button doesn’t do anything you’re most likely in step/live record mode. It catches me every now and then as well.

I need more hours with the machine and it becomes 2nd nature to take these things into account I guess. Like switching between mute modes and changing patterns without ending up on a midi track :sweat_smile:

thanks for this awesome instrument!
using it for a few days now & i constantly need to cut off the
low end and the high end at the same time.
+1 band pass filter &/or equalizer
also, once the operating system is at the end of its life cycle, release it as open source? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi @skor, welcome to Elektronauts!

As far as I know Elektron have never released the operating system for any of their machines as open source, sadly.

We can still hope though!

I’d like to see the basic EQ they got on the Monomachine. One parameter for the frequency, another to boost or reduce it. But I realise this is not enough for filtering both high and lows. A bandpass would fit in great.

They won’t release the sources I’m sure. You’ll have better luck reverse engineering the unit.

1 Like

.[quote=“flocked, post:1, topic:39863”]
Some feature requests. Add yours :slight_smile:

Compressor on master page
Time streching
Slicing
External input with effect sends: Like on AF/AK. Perfect for a live setup. Just connect 1-2 synths (controlled via midi tracks) to the external inputs and you don’t need a mixer anymore :slight_smile:

Naming of midi ccs on the midi tracks. I just dont wanna remember what each cc is doing for all my connected midi hardware. Could be a global project setting.
[/quote]

Perfect list in my opinion. Exactly what this box needs. I can live without the time stretch but it would be a killer feature indeed. Another LFO would be ideal.

My main ones would be: Comp on the master page. External Input processing. A slicing tool

3 Likes

+1 to all the above from me… :slight_smile:

yes to zoom in the src page

1 Like

In MIDI sequencer make a drum-machine compatible/friendly mode.

Thus be able to sequence a drum machine (in only one MIDI track)

**1. Sequence every note/drum (A0, B0, C0 …) individually with corresponding trigs conditions, velocity, (Could do this by treating each note as a different instrument) **
2. Be able to mute every note/drum

You can set multiple MIDI tracks to the same channel to individually sequence drums hits.

If you’re wanting to have sub-sequences for individual notes per single track, it don’t imagine them ever supporting that.

…would be easier to sample the TR.

1 Like

Amen to that. I’d love to b able to use / resample at 24/12 kHz and 16/12/8 bit. Character + space management.

Having samples (esp drums) locked to 24.48 can be a waste of space tbh. :slight_smile:

Master processing like Dynamics + Eq Please !

Optional snap to zero crossing.

That’s it for now more to come. x

2 Likes