The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

What would happen when two trigs occupy the same space tho?

2 Likes

Compressor bypass for selected tracks, e.g, the kick drum when itā€™s being used for sidechaining, and the ability to p lock the internal mixer.

6 Likes

My initial thought would be that the trig if set would fully overwrite the previous one. No point in merging p locks as that would make neither of the sounds as youā€™d want.

Nah, I meant thisā€¦ I have two tracks with trigs on step 1. What happens to those two conflicting trigs on step 1 when I merge them to one track? Regardless, seems like itā€™d be messy.

Yep. Thatā€™s what i meant as well. If you merge tracks 1&2 and both have trigs on step 1 the trig on track 2 will overwrite the first one. Consider it a track copier, but it skips steps with no trigs.

1 Like

Donā€™t know if itā€™s been mentioned earlier but iā€™d love to have better info when changing parameters.

For example frecuency in the filters and gain in db for eqā€™s, amp vol, etc.

Another one great would be time for attack and release parameters in the compressor.

I can use my ears, but in live situations itā€™s almost impossible.

5 Likes

Yes yes yes

2 Likes

Naming for CC controllers on midi tracks, would b useful

9 Likes

Me too. Another one would be to see a small dot showing the LFOs at work. I use very slow ones a lot of the time and itā€™s hard to tell if Iā€™ve reached the top/bottom of the waveform!

5 Likes

An indicator similar to the compressor could be nice.

Otherwise, I always temporarily switch to square waveshape and see what min/max does and then wiggle back to sine or whatever.

6 Likes

Great tip, thanks!!!

2 Likes

Saving MIDI tracks like Sounds would be awesome. I use MIDI tracks to control a MIDI looper and setting the CCā€™s and values every time is kind of annoying.

12 Likes

Hi!
When using Digitakt I find a bit frustrating that the chromatic mode only shows the keyboard layout from C to C. I always end up using Cmaj or Cmin scales because of the inconvenience of having to change octave for using another scale.

Maybe DT could have something like Digitoneā€™s TRACK NOTE menu.

I think this will make a lot easier to use scales different to C, because of the keys shown on the active octave.

8 Likes

Wellā€¦ I have an empty template pattern and just copy/pasteā€¦ midi track presets saving + ability to give names to controllers would b great :+1:of course

1 Like

A menu setting to change chromatic mode into a scale with a user-defined root note would be even better IMO. Two octaves of eight notes, with repeated notes on the 16 and the 1 for consistency. So, for example, in C major, the layout would look like this from the bottom left to top right:

9=C4, 10=D4, 11=E4, 12=F4, 13=G4, 14=A4, 15=B4, 16=C5

1=C5, 2=D5, 3=E5, 4=F5, 5=G5, 6=A5, 7=B5, 8=C6

4 Likes

What I do as a workaround is to change the tune parameter in the sample and from there use the keybord to play it.

So for example if my sample is in C minor but I want to play Bb minor i just tuned it to -2 and then use the keyboard, so de 1st key will be the root, etc.

8 Likes

And if DIGITAKT had beat repeat ?

Actually, it already almost has itā€¦
by simply changing the the track length to 8 - 4 - 2 the effect is achieved.

The problem is that when you hold the SHIFT while adjusting the parameter it jumps to 16 - 32 - 64 - 128.

One just needs to add that it jumps to 2 - 4 - 8 while holding SHIFT.
And then Voila ! Beat Repeat on Digitakt !

This could be a very awesome feature that is very simple to implement.

5 Likes

yep that works nice too, but as you said saving and giving names to controllers or even tracks as in sound names would be really great.

2 Likes

Keyboard tracking for lfos.

1 Like

Even better would be generic sample & hold for the LFOs. One source could be the keyboard note but there could be other sources. This would give a two slot mod matrix per track. In this mode it would be nice to be able to choose between stepped/slewed mode - in the later you could select the curve.

4 Likes