The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

I understand your thinking, just, from experience, I never assume it’s that easy. It may be as you say but may not be…

To be clear, I find your idea really good and would love it!

Even if the stored value is the one that is displayed, you can easily get to what I would want.
This might explain a little better:

example:
128 / 120 * 3.75 = 4

so:
128 / 120 * stored value = value to display

1 Like

Yes of course. The conversion is easy to conceptualize.

My post was about old projects where values are stored. I guess Elektron would have to translate stored values to the new value when they are opened and resave the project.

This is feasible but I know for having worked in a software company that it is a risky business (any bug could destroy people’s music) and therefore not that straight forward.

But yes, I want it :blush:

This probably has already been addressed here but i was wondering about adding the possibility to also have a range within minimum and maximum (defined in the step) to also random the values of the parameter. Something similar to the technique when using the LFO to add different velocities or decay on hats for example. But this way we could not only use the lfo to do other things but also have the ability the have any parameter randomized between a minimum and maximum value that could be set by a combination of buttons on the machine.

It would be absolutely GENIOUS if a MIDI Thru had such option to send copy of MIDI Out signal. I mean to choose if you want to copy MIDI In signal or MIDI out. Then one could control with DT two externals without using any splitter. Very usefull especially that’s a lot of synths has no MIDI Thru.

5 Likes

That is exactly what the example shows.
But to make it more clear:
128 / 120 * old stored value(no need to change) = new value to display
It would just be converted realtime before drawing on screen.

It would surprise me if there are no cpu cycles left to do the conversion on the spot, because drawing the GUI likely takes way more cycles than this simple set of calculations.

Of course it’s not exactly as quick and easy as the calculation above. I suspect that the firmware is in part written in assembly code, so even simple changes could be a lot of work.

I agree that it’s too much risk to do project conversion. That would flood Elektron with support tickets if something goes wrong.

Clearly the solution to the what we hope is Elektron’s eventual letting us have better sample start parameter values is an option in settings to set the knob increments on a per project basis.

No additional compute cycles needed…

you can’t? But that’s the whole idea behind the sound pool right?

you can export the main ‘track sound’ but there’s no way to save a ‘trig sound’ – made from trig’s sample and its associated p-locks

I would like to see another track mute mode working as mute groups. Something similar like we have in OP-Z. So we could enter this mute mode and select button 1, then edit which tracks are muted in this “group 1”, for example all tracks are unmuted. Select button 2 and edit this which tracks will be muted in this mute “group 2”, for example all tracks are playing except track 1, track 2 and track 4. This is very useful on OP-Z. You can have one pattern playing, and arrange it by switching between different mute groups. Similar thing is on MPC’s.

1 Like

Maybe they could come up with a button combo that alternates between the held trig parameters and the track parameters. That way you could hold the trig, press a button and it would change the track parameters to those of the held trig, copy the sound and then press it again to return to held trig.
You would think that holding the trig and performing the func+imp/exp could be made to work, I cant think of any feature it would interfere with.

1 Like

So I just added a DT to my Elektron collection and I love it. But one thing is obviously missing. Bandpass Filter …Please… It is a Digital filter, so it is “just” a few lines of code right? The delay has high and lowpass simultaneous so it should be doable. This would catapult the Digitakt to another level of sound design possibilities. Was there any mention by Elektron about this ever?

10 Likes

Step / note MUTE | UNMUTE in the grid mode please!

2 Likes

I would like a way to resample without keeping all the unwanted stages, a choice to save a new sample as normal or have it replace and erase(from the +drive too) the last.

1 Like

Does seem insane to make a percussion sampler without a resonant bandpass.

6 Likes

Sample auto-slice mode would be game changer. It could be done similar to the chromatic mode where loop could be divided into 2/4/8/16 regions and then could be recorded on a single track with proper parameter locks.

Also fine zooming and trimming on source screen would be great and zero-point crossings finding option would be dream come true.

7 Likes

What would make me happy (and seems feasible):
-crossfade for looping samples
-stereo monitoring option

Bonus candy (also seems feasible):
-longer attack time on AMP filter
-bandpass filter
-MIDI passthrough/sequencing of external MW/PB/AT input
-zoom feature on SRC page

Random dreams I have:
-more LFOs, even if that means ‘LFO stealing’ from one track to the next
-parameter values listed as relevant information to pattern (e.g. set attack to 1/4 beat, etc) [only as an option, not for everything]

The first two are really the saddest omissions for my workflow. Stereo monitoring can be solved by adding a mixer but please please please add crossfading.

1 Like

Swing per Track like M:S.

2 Likes

Yes+Trig to preview the trig (or trig preview mode) …this applies to DN also.

Trig +Yes is great, it has inspired a new performance capability of pressing a trig and then pressing yes to “preview” it live.
This is quite difficult to keep up with when I want to “play” trigs in rapid succession as I need to release both trig+yes then press trig then press yes.
If I could hold YES and then press the trig to preview, then I could “perform” the trigs live!!!
Does that make sense?

4 Likes

View sequence pages even if the pattern length is less.

If I have a sequence that’s 32 steps long, I’d still like access to the other 2 pages of trigs some how.

The reason for this is to improve performance capability of the device.

With the new trig +yes preview comes a new potential workflow.
Let’s say our 32 step sequence is playing, you can queue up trigs on a pages 3 and 4 and then func+yes to preview those steps while the first 2 pages of steps are looping. This opens up potential for some great live capability with completely new sounds on the other pages which never play unless you are “playing” live.

Perhaps Yes+Page perhaps gives access to these pages which normally are not accessible.

2 Likes