The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

You mean getting the monitored signal in stereo on the main outputs?

Indeed, if I listen in the headphones, and get audio in class compliant via usb, I hear the stereo in signal, in stereo. But if I then get the Digitakt out in usb in the iPad, the monitored usb in is not there. Is that what you’re referring to?

no, I think we’re talking about different things.
I want to be able to monitor the DT’s INPUT in stereo. As of right now, that’s not possible (you can only monitor in MONO, and the input volume is super quiet.)
This is not a hardware limitation, since you can use it as an audio interface with stereo input - so I’m hoping this could be improved from software.

2 Likes

I see…

Please don’t.
Just make the maximum value 128 instead of 120 so we can just use increments of 1, 2, 4 and 8.

2 Likes

Or that, just please implement a less fiddley slicing on this beautifuly powerful machine you good people at elektron.

1 Like

I am digging 1.20. Thats why I bought the Takt for the 2nd time.
I got a request, and want to know your ideas on it. I‘ll do the request to Elektron than.
It‘s about a potential ‚Slice Mode‘.

With 1.20, now we can preview trigs. Well, you could slice your audio on every step by previewIng every trig. You need to press the trig + yes. What if you could, in some way, program it, that you only would need to press the trig to preview it? You‘d have 16 slices, play them as you wish and record your internal audio.

What are your ideas on this?

1 Like
  • Crossfade looping
  • Zoom on SRC page
  • Bandpass filter
  • Ability to change miditracks to audiotracks

Then it would be perfect!

3 Likes

I’m starting to wish for alternative ways to switch patterns… I think I read somewhere that other elektron boxes have some?

One I’d particularly want is “instant switch and stay in phase within the bar” ( can get complicated if patterns use different time signatures but change on the next quarter note would do. Would be fun for Live playing and making unexpected drops and breaks. Expand to new musicality.

Change instantly could be fun as well, risky and wonky, can be fun!

Edit: late night typo

1 Like

I’m not sure I understand well your request with slices and trig lenght, but here is a tips I wrote some times ago if you are interested :

About EQ and bandpass filter per track, using OB or even a class compliant mini computer can do the job now.

1 Like

You can do it with the FUNC+PASTE and Pattern reload tricks.
Step 1: make your beat
Step 2: FUNC + Yes to save it in the buffer
Step 3: Change your beat to have your unexpected drop
Step 4: FUNC + COPY the modified pattern

Now, use FUNC + No to get back your normal beat, then FUNC + Paste to change it to the modified one and FUNC + No to get back normal.

Edit: Be sure to use my tricks on trigs slice posted above to be sure long samples are cut instantly when switching

1 Like

Thanks Blaize. That’s a good one, I like the Ninja style of doing it on the fly.

I’d still wish for a more persistent one, where the alternate pattern can be saved and accessed directly. May be with different samples even. But your trick is a good one for drops indeed!

And yes, I use the slicing trick for instant cuts and other goodness. I haven’t saved a template yet, I do it over and over :slight_smile:

1 Like

I find this a very weird argument tbh…

You could also make the whole beat on a computer and skip the whole Digitakt!

Yes, and you could also buy a beat and skip the making process.

1 Like

I dont think you understand what I mean…

Yes I understand. It was a joke. I know it would be super cool to have EQ and band pass filter built into the DT, but from what I know, the DT processor is maxed out. So it’s a feature that will maybe never come.
If like me, you love the DT for it’s workflow and efficiency, and you need a some point to EQ a track, there is always the solution to use you computer to do that task.
I’m not DAWless fanboy and have a computer connected to your DT can bring a lot of things to it.
Make a beat on computer, nope. Make a beat on Digitakt and process it on computer, yes why not ?

3 Likes

Fair enough!

Didnt know about the already maxxed out processor. Still have my fingers crossed that its possible in the future to add a few extra functions!
Would be nice if we could do most of it in the Digitakt. Although I already have a few (non efficient) workarounds for some of them :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is what we mean

2 Likes

And I will just quote myself.

They can easily adjust this because it’s only about the displayed value.
Midi wise the ‘sample start’ already has 16384 positions, while there are only 12000 different start points available. So there’s 128 midi values available for every 100 decimal steps.

Most controls already go from 0 to 127, so why not this one?

1 Like

I like the idea, the only thing is that old projects would need to be “adapted” somehow so that their 120 based setting is translated to a 128 based new one. Hopefully this can be done programmatically but I wouldn’t assume it’s that easy to change old projects for users without any issue…

1 Like

Actually, that’s exactly what I assume.
There is no good reason why that wouldnt work, the midi side is already like that.
This is just about the displayed value, not the value that’s stored in memory.
In most gui’s those are actually separate.
It’s just a more readable representation of the programmed value.
I’m pretty shure panning L64 gets stored as panning 0, not -64 or L64.

1 Like