The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

No, what they do is they take all the requests here, and implement them in the next machine they release. Then you can buy more machines! :rofl:

2 Likes

Hello Elektron,

Canā€™t you at least make + Drive sound save a little easier?

We cannot even determine a bank for the sound you will save.

Edit Banks copy paste delete via Overbridge

Sound samples directly save sound.

So you know how we have the conditional trigs that will play during a particular cycle the pattern? You know, the 1:3, 3:5 stuff. Well what if we had one they was like -1:3 where it played on every cycld except the one noted. So -2:4 would play only on cycles 1, 3, and 4. Thatā€™d be dope.

11 Likes

Ability to loop any page so that you can easily focus on one section at a time.

5 Likes

Ability to select up to 8 samples and have the DT automatically create 8 tracks. Say, navigate to a folder of samples from a specific drum machine, select up to 8 samples and have them fanned out across the 8 tracks.

2 Likes

Grand: Velocity based trig conditions.
Simpler: just the ability to switch samples above certain velocity would be super handy.

Hit [FUNC] + [NO] twice to reload the version of the active pattern saved in the project.

That is, if you previously hit [FUNC] + [YES] once to create a temporary save of the current pattern, hit [FUNC] + [NO] once to go back to the temporary save point (as it works now), and then be able to hit [FUNC] + [NO] again to go back to the original version (the version saved with the project).

Actually I donā€™t care what the hot key is, but I feel like we need a hot key to go back to the version of the pattern saved in the project.

9 Likes

Create a copy of your pattern and start tweaking on one of them. Then you can always go back by switching to the other pattern. Also very less steps and easy to perform.

1 Like

I agree on this. A workaround that I sometimes do is to set a silent trig on the trig before the one you want with for example 1:2 and then set the one that i dont want to trigger to -pre. If there is room for it ofc

1 Like

Ability to quickly loop what you sample. As a preformance thing. Would be cool

3 Likes

ā€œMusical timeā€ based trimming in the sample capture/trimming screen. Capture a sample of any length and then have some way to easily set the selectionā€™s ā€œTrim endā€ parameter to a musical interval (1/4, 1/2, 1/1, 2/1ā€¦) from the ā€œTrim startā€ position based on the current project (or pattern) tempo. Maybe a quick press on Knob C to switch it between musical time and the way it currently works? Would make it easier/quicker to sample/resample a bar of music based on the current project. Or to slice out 1/8 bar segments of a sample. Or, etc.

Speaking of resamplingā€¦ would be lazy-man-wonderful if you could hold the SAMPLING button and press a step button as a shortcut for ā€˜resample this step, plzā€™. The DT would trigger that step alone and capture it (avoiding the whole manual copy and paste pattern to a new slot, delete nearby trigs, etcā€¦ rigamarole). And/or, because dreaming aloud here, press any two steps and the DT would automagicially resample that range of steps.

2 Likes

Often wish this was possible for a break at end of the phrase

Ability to set any trig as the PRE or !PRE condition for another trig.

That way you could set, say, step 3 to 75% probability and only trigger step 13 if step 3 happened (or didnā€™t).

Possible implementation? Hold a trig/step and turn the trig condition knob to PRE. Keep the trig held and then press another trig key to set the second trig as the PRE condition target.

2 Likes

Lovely idea!

Maybe there could be a way to invert the existing X:X conditions? Like: Hold a trig, turn the trig condition knob to, say, 3:4. Then, with the trig still held, do a quick press of that knob (D). That would put a line over the top of 3:4 (or some indicator) and it would mean ā€œplay this trig on loops 1, 2 and 4 but not 3:4ā€.

1 Like

Really wish there was a warning when you hit the max parameter locks in a pattern. I just destroyed 4 hours of work by copying a trig with lots of locks to all patterns of a track Iā€™m working on and it simply deletes other locks randomly to make room for it. No way to know how I locked all things before so hours of work and a groove I was very happy with goneā€¦ :frowning:

7 Likes

Yeah, a way to check how many out of the 72 (?) parameters youā€˜ve already got animated would be good!

2 Likes

noooo thatā€™s terrible! agree, there should be a warning when youā€™re reaching the max number of locksā€¦

1 Like

Same exit for meā€¦
Today,
When i find groove,
I record it (wave folder) and stock them in computa
ā€¦for sĆ©curity definately
Pattrn canā€™t play but the headline Is save.
:roll_eyes:Ready to resample or make slices ideas :joy:

Call it Super user mode! 72 p locks in a pattern, iā€™ve never gotten there :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just got a digitakt and itā€™s tons of fun! But not having a bandpass filter though or two filter page like the dn is a great bummerā€¦ Please elektron this is kind of essentialā€¦

6 Likes