The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

I would keep that one, it’s pretty funny. The switched ‘func’ buttons that some people have received, on the other hand…

1 Like

in regards to using a expert sleepers FH-1 USB-midi 2 CV:

quote from os/expert sleepers:

That cannot be done in the current firmware.<<

i was kind of shure of that when i made my post.
( I´ve not posted my above post myself into the feature request thread btw., was in the Bug-thread, just to say )

so the request stands now:
@Elektron: please correct the Off octave setting !!

The FH-1 operates from C0 for sending drum triggers out !
you lose sales on this. granted…at least one from me

Did you read my post ?

What do you think happens if Elektron label the base note differently ?

All you need to do is use the MIDI note equivalent to the one the expert sleepers product expects, it doesn’t matter what the label reference is or even if it’s shown in Cantonese … by the MIDI standard it gets sent as Note 0 to Note 127 i.e. it is a 7bit number with a 7bit velocity and an identifier that it’s a note on for channel x, no more - the way a user relates to this in terms of labels is not what matters - the DT sends the full midi range, what more do you expect … I still don’t follow how you can’t offset two octaves on the DT, this seems like a basic way to get going and it’s likely the best solution you’ll get …

Some manufacturers allow labelling for both, but that’s far from the norm and it doesn’t stop you getting it to work in any case right now afaict although it’s not entirely clear what you need to happen and where

2 Likes

i agree with you, and i LOVE your music. Big inspiration for me.

this would be really interesting! nice workaround indeed :slight_smile:
hope they are reading this thread :stuck_out_tongue:

ability to stay on the sample source screen when changing track.

i.e
select kick , move cursor to sample i want.
single press onto snare
the screen continues to show source and i can quickly scroll directly.

one thing possible on the engine sequencer is to ‘pin’ buttons , a quick double tap .
the button flashes but its basically like shift lock/caps lock until you click on it again.
so effectively pinning the assign function.

1 Like

A way to write protect patterns.

Once you’ve created a complex pattern, you don’t want to be back in square one by errantly pressing func+YES instead of func+NO.

9 Likes

This!!! MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!

So far the ability to plock the delay and reverb settings.

6 Likes

I’d like the bit reduction and distortion to be able to reach more extreme settings.

2 Likes

MIDI LEARN! MIDI LEARN! MIDI LEARN!
Please!

7 Likes

[FUNC]+[TRK]+[CLEAR] => clear the currently selected track (sequence data and sound] - regardless of recording mode
[FUNC]+[TRIG]+[CLEAR] = clear the sequence data of the currently selected track - regardless of recording mode
[FUNC]+[SRC]+[CLEAR] => clear the sound of the current track
[FUNC]+[FLT]+[CLEAR] => reset filter settings for current track to default
[FUNC]+[AMP]+[CLEAR] => reset fAMP settings for current track to default
[FUNC]+[LFO]+[CLEAR] => reset LFO settings for current track to default

8 Likes

Polyphony!!

4 Likes

Id like to see some cool gltiching/remix tools on the master page as well as compressor/sidechain.

EG: For whole mix: Stutter, Patterned reverse/filter/FM, panning, just so you can glitch things out to hell and back but be able to chose which of the 8 tracks are affected per pattern.

6 Likes

per track scaling - especially on the midi tracks!

4 Likes

Im sure it’s been mentioned before, but I would love the ability to slice a sample by transients and then use the chromatic keyboard to play those slices.

6 Likes

+1 for the op-1 drumsampler feature!

1 Like

How am I not surprised this thread is already 250 posts long… lol…

4 Likes

Independant swing per track please!

7 Likes

+1 would love to see more filter types. Standard things like bandpass and notch, but also would like some specialized digital filters. Don’t want hundreds and they sound the same, just a few would be great.

Example of what I mean are like additional filter types you see in NI Massive (Daft filter), Kurzweils (Steep Resonant Base, Hi Freq Stimulator), E-mu Z-plane filters, or vintage digital filters like Kawai K4/XD5 or Roland S550/W30/D70 which had un-natural sounding resonance. Maybe an over-saturated lowpass, a fractal filter, or maybe something with built in aliasing. Also a resonator, flanger or phaser. The LP+Notch mentioned from Nord 1/2 also would be sweet.

Would love to see things that are unique DSP from this sort of lineage. Would value that over an analog synth filter emulation for my setup.

4 Likes