The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

Nailed it. All very realistic feature requests.

1 Like

No reason for it to be an additional mode, that I can see. ‘Chromatic’ could just be one of the scales on offer, with a keyboard layout like the Digitakt has by default. Other modes would offer two rows, two octaves.
Not to invite comparison, but the Novation Circuit has it set up this way, and it works really well.

My request would be:
Trig monitoring/previewing.
This would play the note/sample applied to the trig, with any p-locked parameters, or the chord on midi channels, so you could preview slices etc.

• Non linear adsr

• Midi arp

• More filter options

• Chorus, Phaser, Flanger

• More bitcrushing / overdrive options

• Midi Auto learn (so when you move a knob or fader on an ex synth, it automatically assigns within digitakt)

• Slicing

• Individual speeds per track (so one maybe running at 1x, with another running at 3/4 for instance)

• Pong on the screen (hey if it’s good enough for Korg…)

Edited to say - ooh more lfos would be great

2 Likes

no, please - NO !!! its perfect that the Digitakt focusses on the Pattern for everything! Kits just prevent you from doing a real production on these units! they are nasty !!!

4 Likes

Agreed.

Haha

Ok maybe we can agree on that it is optional. You just leave it the way it is - and I enable the new “nasty-mode“!

In terms of performance kits are not nasty at all. If you chain two pattern because you need more steps you cant manipulate the kit on the DT in a consistant way, because in fact it is two kits alternating. That is nasty imho.

Peace.

3 Likes

Sign me up for Nasty Mode, as well.

6 Likes

Aye me too. Kits make so much more sense to me given I’m likely to want o have multiple patterns using the same sound sources…

4 Likes

MIDI retrig please!

You are all clearly much better at not making mistakes than me - but the number of times I’ve cleared the whole pattern rather than a single track with ‘clear’ makes me want an undo option (or a “really clear pattern y/n” on clear pattern)

3 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong, but can’t you just repeat the clear action to undo?

2 Likes

Repeating the key combo will undo any paste or clear action

1 Like

damn - could have sworn I tried that! thank you

4 Likes
  • As far as EQ just a high and low cut would be nice.
  • The up/down arrow suggestion for pattern chaining to repeat patterns would be amazing.
  • A way to browse different regions of samples you are using on the SRC page eg: highlight sample with D then press right button to access a list of different steps you are using on the pattern/project with that sample, maybe tap right again to preview?

TRK+COPY/CLEAR: copy or clear the track
PTN+COPY/CLEAR: copy or clear the pattern

2 Likes

I find the above less intuitive

I will probably get used to it eventually but having the same button combination for 2 different actions depending on the context leads to mistakes - which are undoable but still slowing down the process for me.

3 Likes

What about flam? Oh yeah and please add BPM to the LFO’s destinations! Could be fun! :wink:

3 Likes

I would love to see the on/off checkbox for retrigs as seen on the rytm or even a mode within conditional trigs to use for example the PAGE button like the retrig button on rytm.

I wish they would expand the TUNE parameter a lot for extreme pitching and an overall higher octave range like the keyboard in a midi machine.

dedicated FX track and FX LFO.

then it’s a killermachine.

2 Likes

I was just going to suggest making the tune parameter go a lot more octaves. Nice one :slight_smile:

It’s disappointing that, when I change the “note” of a sample, the tune parameter actually gets influenced in that it won’t go higher/lower relative to the amount of semi tones lower/higher at the note parameter.

1 Like

Been said but zooming on the source sample wave view is essential! And OMG, let us delete a dir folder without deleting its contents first!!!

4 Likes