The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

exactly! that’s when a monitor input option would be really handy, and the sampling wouldn’t :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah I agree, I like your idea!

I don’t know if it is possible or not, but I often wish I could insert a new pattern between existing ones without having to copy / paste all the following patterns…

3 Likes

poor yourself a drink and sit at the table

Last OS update is really cool and DT is not far from being perfect to me now.

It is just the lack of Song mode which make it difficult to organise patterns without the ability to insert new ones.

Because of the lack of Song mode I am trying to organise my patterns chronologicaly. That is very time consuming when you realize that you could improve a part of a track by adding a new pattern somewhere.

A new OS update with Song mode or insert pattern + bandpass filter and this box would be such a perfect piece of gear.

1 Like

Hi,

Have you tried this? It is developed by an indépendant person (not Elektron) and works amazingly well. I recommend donating something if you like it.

There you can reorganize patterns, samples in the pool, via drag and drop.

1 Like

A mode where screens doesnt dim that much. in other words screensaver on all the time please for sensitive eyes will help.

1 Like

Summary: to allow zooming on the waveform, I suggest some of the 8 knobs change functionality on the second SCR page.

Actually, the more I use the Digitakt, I find that to see bit reduction and some other parameters, I avoid the second page of SRC (the one with the waveform). I guess the attempt is to keep knobs doing the same thing on both pages, which is great when you’ve build muscle memory, but to me as a not too expert person it is confusing and disorienting.

Which made me imagine that the second page could as well have different settings, I.e. Zoom for start and end, set start and end, set loop and maybe play direction…

It would lose the “knobs do the same thing on both page” simplicity but in my opinion that would not be so sad… Any opinion there?

3 Likes

BR on the SRC’s waveform view could be replaced with ZOOM.
The other params are good to have in waveform view, but BR is a little bit surplus for actually editing in sample view.

1 Like

Choose trig condition/probability for different (16 step) segments of a pattern when you change the length of a pattern. So when you hold func and hit page/scale you can select different conditions for 1:1 (first 16 steps) vs 1:2(next 16 steps). This way you could store fills and variations within the same pattern and trigger them at will. Hope this makes sense.

I could lose sample selection and pitch as well I believe…

Thank you, I will give it a try. It looks very useful.

Please make the ‘PASTE 1 TRIG’ box that pops up when you paste a trig be less intrusive. The Digitakt gets closer and closer to perfection with each update but this is one of the last things bugging me. It hogs the entire screen for 2 seconds. I’d love if it was displayed over the pattern name which is UNTITLED 99% of the time for me.

1 Like

Yeah UNTITLED here 99,99% as well. Maybe a patch analyzing fresh name generator should be the feature to be prioritized!

2 Likes

Hi. Theese are some ideas i’r like to add

-Kinda magnification glass in the SRC page to let to cut sample precisely. Espacially needed when want to make pad (REV.L or FWD.L, with soft borders) and want to make start and end point precisely on 0V to prevent klicks between cycles.
And even greater would be if i could cut it to the piece i chose from the src view and save as new sampel. With no need to resampling via MAIN INs

• Animated encoders on the screen so to they “move” when automation is recorded or TRIG LOCKS were used. Just to make things a little easier and clearer to control on the live acts - and sometimes in the studio too :slight_smile:
  • Functionality like a “looper” in Arturia devices. To make a rols easier. In Arturia stuff it just takes a particular (1/2, 1/4, 1/8… 1/64) piece of whole sequence and loop it until you keep the button pressed.
  • Fuction to fast picking a start and end of sequence. For example to play from step 6 to step 17. Cause at the moment start point is always step 1. Ideally if this worked globaly and per track.
1 Like

And again PLEASE, change the sample length and start value jumps to 3.75 instead of 4.00

2 Likes

Aye, I’ve been asking for this several times over the past year. Depressing really as it would only take moments to fix. One can only presume that Elektron continue to reject this as it might impact on OT sales. My take is the 1.2 features were introduced as a response to the apparent sales of the Akai MPC One, but why the DT should continue to have it’s sample slicing utility regressed like this is beyond me.

1 Like

That would be amazing for chopping samples in equal parts indeed!

1 Like

How about the ability to add parameter changes to the FILL mode? like pseudo SCENES. Just hold FILL button, move a parameter.
Maybe even Fill Scenes. Hold FILL button, press a trig and select different scene.

Probably already suggested but I’ve been wishing for this lately

4 Likes

I think it would be much easier to add FUNC+encoder functionality here.
although it’s on my feature request list, I don’t think we’ll see this happening. seems like a CPU-consuming feature, to my ignorant eyes at least.
I would also say that adding TRIG PREVIEW on the latest OS has make it much easier to set a starting point just by listening

At this point I would be happy having BPF and stereo input monitoring on the DT. The rest I can live without.