The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

As Aksdnt mentioned above, the MIDI loopback is your friend! You can use it to reroute the 8 LFOs from the MIDI tracks to have more than one LFO per audio track. Not perfect but it’s a nice addition while waiting for this hypothetical update. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looking forward to see midi retrig on the Digitakt now the Digitone has multimap, would be awesome for sequencing Digitone drums from the Digitakt.

Conversely, midi arp on the Digitone would be handy when sequencing Digitakt synth sounds. These features would make the DT-DN pair even more great. If scale per track could also be added, both devices would have the features you’d reasonably expect.

I wonder if there will be a fw update and what ot might bring the beta is mostly on OB stuff and i dont even use it :frowning:

Bp filter
Per track scale/length
Midi retrig
Internal midi loopback
Slices maybe
Fade in fade out on sample loop points, maybe zero crossing snap

Ctrl all groups

Usb class compliant audio ( for ipad this would be truley awesome )

I can wish right…

4 Likes

I’m still fairly new to the Digitakt, but here’s my list after spending 6 weeks with it…

#1 - BP filter - This will add a lot to sound design capability, and the DAC looks up to the task.

#2 - Song Mode - Yes it’s a sore topic, but I feel the unit really needs a way to automate pattern changes out of the box (esp with such a strong sequencer, and 8 midi tracks).

#3 - Ability to copy and paste patterns with the kit - Everyone works a bit differently, but since patterns are the heart of the machine, the ability to copy them with their corresponding sounds to the same project, or between projects should be more straight forward.

Since the Digitone got portamento and keyboard mapping, those could fill those 2 spots on the trig page
I see a lot of requests for track scaling, and effects processing of external L+R and those are good requests (not my top 3, but I’d be happy with any progress).

Best regards,

Gino

1 Like

Hi, you can actually copy the pattern with all the informations it contains (= kit + sequencer), press PTN + Trig Key + Rec to copy and hold PTN + Trig Key + Stop for around 3 seconds to paste. Unless I misunderstood your feature request?

It might also work between different projects! I know that you can copy and paste page settings between project so patterns should be the same.

2 Likes

Really? Wow - I will test that tonight. If it works, I’ll be thrilled!

Best regards,

Gino

I just tried it and it does work between different project! The tricky part is that it only copies Sample Slot information and not the actual sample, so you would have to organize your samples accordingly or just find the corresponding sample slots.

1 Like

this would work well on the TRIG page

1 Like

Here’s a request:

UNVEIL YOUR SECRETS, ELEKTRON

WHAT SHOULD BE/ WILL BE IN THESE EMPTY BOXES??

On the real though I hope a nice DT update comes soon. OB is dope but the DT feels like it’s just a notch away from being complete.

1 Like

Perfect spot for a second set of Trig Condition<3

2 Likes

My prediction what’s going to go there :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I use my Digitakt as the brain of my setup (sequencing everything and controlling the synths). Unfortunately I’m really missing the ability to use the mod/pitch wheel on my MIDI keyboard. Seems like this should be so simple to add… @Ess , is there any chance this is going to get added???

6 Likes

Digitakt needs some firmware update love

12 Likes

If only empty spots were a sign of future features. Quite a few of the boxes have empty spots in menus.

4 Likes

I just really want a second page of Midi CC’s on the midi tracks. Could be simple to bring up the page. Hitting the button would cycle between page 1 and 2. Shoot, you could even have it cycle through like 4 pages. Imagine having 32 CC Parameters.

3 Likes

Dude I feel you on this in a major way, it would be excellent to have a second page!!!

1 Like

There’s probably a limit on how much midi data can be sent
And a limit on how much data the sequencer can move about and output.

It could be like expecting your PS4 to display everything in 4K , in reality it’s just not powerful enough to draw 4x the amount of graphics and they had to upgrade the hardware for something that might seem simple.

That’s a bummer. I understand the need to fill up the screen, but literally anything could go there. I’d even take a nice little animation of some sort there just to spice things up.

Thanks, just tried this and for me exporting the sounds works best as it auto-imports and auto-assigns the samples (when you are going between projects).

Best regards,

Gino

2 Likes

A switch to send the track to headphone monitoring.

6 Likes