The day after Cenk goodbye

I really don’t think so. Look at their new art style (remember those awesome clay animations and box designs?) – no signs for becoming a boring company with boring new clean marketing faces.

2 Likes

I agree those boxes were pretty sick; the idea to get different artists involved was a good one. So why would we assume the same people behind these decisions would choose boring people?

Someone - maybe not Elektron - sent Basek to Perfect Circuit and that probably sold a hundred new OTs.

Those were different artists? I hoped they hired ONE artist to work with the company fulltime (although … might not be wise because they only “need” them when new promo is being created).

Weren’t the artists who worked on the M:S and M:C different? I might have that wrong…

#gigeconomy

Well, I’d love to know! Where did you read about the artists behind it?

Here you can see some discussion about the AR box

I swear the Model:Cycles art was discussed once too…

Checking the AR artist’s IG, it is highly unlikely the same artist did the M:C art.

1 Like

10 years is a solid innings. I wondered if maybe it was a plug-in/software type deal, then that would potentially be uninteresting demo styles to a hardware-naut like Cenk. But who knows it probably runs a little deeper. Sometimes you can look around a job after 10 years and realise not many of your mates are still around, you just be proud of the journey and move on. Time will tell what Elektron do next.

1 Like

If I remember correctly he’s credited in the manuals of many of the Elektron instruments and it’s always been my interpretation that his role was somewhere between consultant to the product designers/developers and “first customer”, i.e., checking and giving feedback on features and the respective UIs as they evolved.

4 Likes

One and lonely

1 Like

I think Cenk mentioned an Elektron performance mixer as being something he’d like to see in the future. Maybe a prototype was made or it was heavily discussed but has since been shelved because the company is changing. I’m purely speculating here and would also love to see a performance mixer :slight_smile:

6 Likes

tbh though, Mario does a very good Stevie ray vaughn, and doesn’t get enough credit…

Elektron has announced Cenk’s new replacement!

6 Likes

I imagine that.

4 Likes

every minute spent on Elektron employee discussions is another moment wasted for potential music making or other things on our own minds. Let’s get busy with our own shit!

3 Likes

huh… i just bought my elekron box so i could talk shit on this forum legitamelty

9 Likes

Not sure if someone posted this before; couldn’t find it but I noticed Cenk started at Ableton. Pretty cool! EDIT: Also curious if this will breath new live into the Age Old Push 3 discussion :smiley:

15 Likes

I really thought Novation would have snatched him up, he’d have been a great fit in their world imo.

Good to see him progressing :slight_smile: