The color of the OLED screen is NOT white

So, this is just a rant…

The color is a glaringly blueish hue of white and I hate it. I really love the yellow OLED from the other Digis, it is warm and welcoming. The combination of the cool screen color and the red accents on the case of the Syntakt don’t really work for me… Personally Digitone is my favourite.

Did anyone ever successfully change the color of the OLED screens? I mean, there must be a way…

5 Likes

some did but yellow to white on DN/DT, I think the screen is the same so you can probably fit it for syntakt too

you can use those thin transparent color sheets, can’t remember what they’re called but like u get em in stationary shops. cut to size n slide em under the top section of Syntakt screen. looks decent. there was a thread about em on here somewhere.

10 Likes

This is probably the one - transparent coloured acetate sheets. The thinner the better.

4 Likes

that’s the ones.

I tried a bunch of em on my syntakt. the orange / red ones give a mellow machinedrum kinda vibe.

makes the pixels slightly softer looking iirc but not hugely.

3 Likes

Can you take a photo? :smiley:

Thanks! I think I might give that a try.

1 Like

I sold my syntakt :sweat_smile:

from @darenager 's post from the above linked thread

15 Likes

Hooooo I like this one !!!
A bit like the MD :blush:

3 Likes

Nice, I’ll order some sheets and report back…

5 Likes

This is like sunglasses for synths. Love it.

4 Likes

NEED

the machinedrum needs a friend

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

If you want a bigger screen just get an MPC Live :man_shrugging:

Personally I think the Digi screens are the perfect size. Not obnoxiously big or small, just right (unlike a lot of other gear out there).
It’s good design.

Besides, increasing screen size would require an increase in the overall size of the box (which IMO is already the perfect size)…

4 Likes

agree love the easier to read screen on my digitone and analog heat mk2 over the white screens on new elektron boxes.

1 Like

Looks really cool! @darenager
So this was OHP film right, just laying on top of the screen, without adhesive or?

Would be nice if it was fixated, but I guess putting tape on top of it, would leave marks if removed?

Yes, no adhesive just slid in place.

1 Like

I always hated yellow and like blue so it‘s a matter of taste.
Sold my digitakt because I found it to be ugly. Would consider The 2 but OT is ok also.

It’s funny to hate a color. Interesting to hear that perspective.

5 Likes

OLEDs degrade over time, with blue aging the fastest of the 3 primary colours so it should settle into a true white. It’s also relative to your ambient “white” lighting. If you’re in a warm incandescent environment, it’ll look blue. If you’re in daylight it looks pretty white. Source: am photographer and deal with white balance daily

1 Like