The Blipblox

There are more melodies built in to the SK2. Also i think they improved the light show, and obvious made it more colorful. Not sure if there is anything else.

By the way, SK, stands for Synth for Kids.

I still can’t figure out which one to get…

Who is it for?

My son, almost 2yo.

I bought the After Dark for my grandson when he was almost 2, mostly because it was on sale at Perfect Circuit. I don’t think he cared that it didn’t have that primary-colour look of most toys. It is partly for you, too, so you might consider that. The After Dark is out of stock right now, but I assume you’re not in a hurry.

Here’s what they told me:
"The SK2 and After Dark have the same functions and synthesis engine. The SK2 had a fun LED light show, whereas the After Dark uses the LEDs to show all of the modulations happening with the sound. The SK2 has a few other fun kids functions, while the After Dark is designed to look more like a real synthsier would

Right now the After Dark is pretty much sold out until later this summer. You might be able to find it at some of our retail partners online. However, the SK2 is all ready to ship now from our California fulfillment center."

1 Like

Here’s a video with the SK2 from NAMM 2023, done by Sonic State :

I think it’s great that Playtime Engineering has been so successful that they have been able to do multiple versions of the Blipblox, and soon they’ll have the MyTracks ( thread ) out too. And all at such a good price.

1 Like