The BITWIG Thread

Their update servers are getting obliterated. I’ll let it run in the background… not critical, but just FYI.

Same thing here, about 30kb/s

Not that you guys want to hear this but I got both my machines updated in less than 15 minutes earlier. I must’ve beaten the initial rush.

1 Like

If you ask in general (maybe you talk about the 2 day over special case here) yes, you should get .something versions. Mine expired in june and some 3.something version was offered to download to me.
Well I got 4 just now ( finally a controller would have been more important, can‘t decide about a push i got offered or a cheap nektar, but got weak because of those few bucks less in summer) looks a bit different. Sure there are workarounds for the operators as you said before.
Everything via phone hotspot, a tecnical miracle for me always, and maybe a little adventure.

1 Like

ooh, just noticed Bitwig 4 includes native apple silicon support, and you can sandbox intel vsts too… very nice…

guess, i’ll ping-pong back over to Bitwig for a while (from Live :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

Same here. Download went smooth and fast, all works well and it’s a pleasure to use.

1 Like

Anyone having problems accessing the download? I click to download MacOS version and I get an SSL error.

More than likely failed connections. If the server doesn’t respond during the acme challenge (TLS stuff) then the request goes poof and the requestor thinks it was an SSL error.

Super fun to debug :upside_down_face:

I got through but…

Haha yay…

1 Like

Yeah I finally got through. But downloading so insanely slow and eventually timed out - lost connection. I can’t imagine there are THAT many people trying to access the DL right now. But I guess so.

1 Like

I think you just get that version plus any minor fixes related to that update once you expire, i.e. 4.0.1 etc. not 4.1 onwards.

1 Like

i sync 2 computers from MC707 via iConnectMIDI4+. bitwig on linux for tracking, ableton on mac for overbridge and midi. i don’t screw around with beta, thanks for all your efforts!

They don’t use CDNs??

Don’t know for sure, ‘downloads-NA.bitwig.com’ resolves to ‘149.56.47.63’ which is an IP owned by OVH.com. Could be CDN or could be IaaS servers.

EDIT: Deleted a bunch… no need to go OT.

2 Likes

I’m having a pretty good time with BW, considering making it my ‘steady’.
One thing puzzles me though: when I MIDI-map the clip launcher, I can map ‘play’ to a button. I can also map ‘stop’ to a different button. BUT I can’t see how to map one button to act as play/pause, or play/stop, which to me seems a very expected behaviour.
Is this possible? Maybe there’s a setting for the clip that I haven’t noticed?

I havent Bitwig but this looks fun and useful and thought i’d share.
Have Fun!

1 Like

Well the bitwig support was awesome and I got a short extension to use Bitwig 4. Happy camper now.

11 Likes

Congrats, that’s really great!!!

2 Likes

The new Operators concept is so Elektron-inspired!

6 Likes

Where can I set the Grid-Configuration for the current project, so that I don’t have to change the grid for every pattern I create?

Right click on the Grid device and Save as Default Preset. Or just save that one as a regular Preset. The above solution is global for all Projects.