The BITWIG Thread

Anyone have experience with either the Arturia Keylab Mk2 or Novation SL Mk3 with Bitwig?

It seems Bitwig has direct support for the Keylab.

Currently just using a keystep and well i need more keys and pads would be nice heh.

1 Like

I use a Launchkey Mini Mk3 without any problems. DrivenbyMoss includes scripts for both, the Launchkey and its mini version.

If you look into the latest manual of the DrivenbyMoss extension, you’ll be able to explore what the Launchkey can do in Bitwig.

How’s the lag on the scripts? My fear with the custom scripts is lag especially with unquantized recordings.

Also the Novation SL Mk3 is not a launchpad but i guess I could look for scripts if there is no lag?

Personally, I’ve never found a lag live recording with a Novation LP and DrivenbyMoss.

1 Like

No lag and just to specify I was talking about the LaunchKEY not pad, so you should be fine.

EDIT: here you can look it all up, according to Jürgen’s page, the SL61 Mk3 is supported:

http://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Bitwig/Bitwig.html

1 Like

Ah my bad on launchkey vs launchpad! Cool I will check this out, thanks.

1 Like

1 day left on my licence guess I am out of luck…bet it gets released on Monday, 1 day after.

Just noticed that the max tempo in Bitwig is 666 :smiling_imp:

14 Likes

hey, i am having problem with bitwig 4 beta 7, it gives me all sorts of memory warnings when starting upo. didnt have that with beta 6. Any other takers?

I just renewed my license to try the Bitwig 4 beta on my M1 MacBook Air, runs really well natively so far…

No memory issues or warnings here, what specs does your computer have and what O.S. does it run?

win10, it´s a pretty powerful machine thoughthough and this is the first time i have ever ran into issues like this… i7-6700k @ 4 GHz, 16Gb ddr4 mem

Maybe you can take a screenshot and email it to beta@bitwig.com including details about your PC to let the developers know about your issue.

I’ve been having these memory warnings since beta 5 (Macbook Air M1). It’s the plugin host (x64) in my case, specifically when I use Softube’s Modular vst. You can open macOS’ Activity Monitor, and under the tab “Memory” you can sort by memory usage, then you should be able to see what’s causing these errors.

EDIT: just seeing now that you run it on PC — finding out more about what’s hogging the memory should work the same though (I guess Task Manager is the Windows equivalent to Mac’s Activity Monitor)

In the past I have had lots of issues with CPU spikes with Softube plugins in Bitwig (on Intel macs).

Recently I have contacted Softube about M1 support a couple of times but they don’t have an ETA… I did see they now supper Big Sur on Intel but M1 is still unsupported as far as know…

@hausland

Did you manage to run Softube modular on M1 MBA under Rosetta 2?

Yeah, I love my Keylab.

1 Like

BitWig 4 is officially out of beta now!

6 Likes

Missed it by 2 days.

2 Likes

You sure called it. I wonder if you can reach out to support?

I will try it and we will see what they say. Maybe they allow for a short grace period.

1 Like

Might as well give it a shot. I wonder (if you manage to get 4.0) if you will be able to download a potential bug-fixing 4.1 too or if you will remain locked into 4.0 until resubscribing?