The Big Elektronauts Hip-Hop Thread: production tips, sharing our music, feedback and inspiration

Not with the octa yet, I’ll try to set it up sometime this week!

1 Like

Anyone check out the new Little Simz? Gorilla knocked me out:

4 Likes

Cross post from the bi-weekly sample challenge, threw it together tonight, mix is a bit rough and I wish I could have found a cleaner version of the vocal but I’m pretty happy considering it only took a couple of hours to bash out…

6 Likes

On a side note here’s a date for your diary in 23… Feb 15th sees the start of the new and final season of wu tang saga… I literally can’t wait…:facepunch:

2 Likes

Yes! Just had that song on my Spotify release radar today. I knew I’d heard the sample before and was a little disappointed in myself when I looked it up and saw that it was used in concrete schoolyard by Jurassic 5. I used to listen that song so much

I’m excited to check out the rest of the little simz album

1 Like

The next battle is up!

4 Likes

I also gave this it’s own thread, but it also belongs here:

The last few months I worked on an instrumental hiphop album using nothing but my ARmk2, a tascam portastudio 4 track cassete recorder and a lot of samples.

I used the portastudio for mixing, some recording and some sampling. Most songs are bounced to tape, others just recorded through the mixer.

I’m curious to hear what you guys think about it!

5 Likes

Sounds great. I’ve had it on repeat while I’m working. Tracks 4, 5, and 6 are my favorites I think, but the whole thing is solid af and extremely well mixed. Great work! Congrats!

1 Like

Thanks dude, and thanks for being part of it!

1 Like

Got the full tape on yt now:

7 Likes

This is really really good stuff. Going to listen in more detail later :blush:

1 Like

me too. Congrats @Sleepyhead

1 Like

Really nice work mate.
I really must get a new power cord for sampletrak I stopped using it when my cord broke about 5 years ago, but yeah I love the way it sounds too, just sampling and pitching any sample down with it sounds so good.
Great stuff.

1 Like

Thanks guys! I just love the way some samplers sound. I’d say an elektron sampler/sequencer combined with some character sampler/fx unit is a perfect combo for hiphop.

2 Likes

very nice! my son and i just listened to this while driving around doing some errands. good vibes!

1 Like

Here are some festive beats that I made today. I hope y’all have a nice holiday.

11 Likes

Man, these are catchy!

Happy holidays to everyone. I am grateful to be part of such a great community of warm and likeminded people :heart:

8 Likes

Happy holidays!

3 Likes

Super chill, and well done. Love your style.

1 Like

Great beats. Really impressive. Great grooves

1 Like