The Behringer Gear-in-progress Thread

909 Day

1 Like

Apparently the new TC Electronic pedals are manufactured by Behringer, they’re cheap and a lot of them use BBD chips. I’ve got one of these choruses on the way, but the Echobrain delay also looks good if you need a simple analog delay.

https://www.tcelectronic.com/Categories/Tcelectronic/Guitar/Stompboxes/3RD-DIMENSION-CHORUS/p/P0CQ0

2 Likes

Whatever happened to that TC Electronics Juno chorus pedal?

It’s been like a year and it still isn’t out. Who knows if it’ll ever make it to production.

2 Likes

More synths on the way

Expect a lead time of about 18 months to two years before you’d see anything reach the market from this group of hires.

Cory Banks (of BBoy Tech Report) got his hands on an early version of the MS-101.

Why does Behringer give this synth to such a stupid reviewer! Looks like he doesn’t know that much about synths! Must be the worst review I have ever seen, with mostly irritating sound! Give us some acidbleeps, heavy square subosc basslines, oldskool Boc style with Alesis midiverb!

Move that fucking envelope and filter so we can hear that it doesn’t sound normal! I have Roland mc202 and sh01a and this distorted env is not normal at all!

What did you expect mate
It’s a behringer

1 Like

So after the Karp, now it’s a Barp Odyssey :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

What if those 2 are in stores, I wonder what the seller will say.:thinking:

1 Like

Opinion from GearNews also on the MS-101 about current status of Behringer’s synth development, and ‘over-promising’:

With no sign of the RD-808 and the promised pre-Christmas release date, the RD-909 being bumped, the UB-Xa behind schedule, Pro One and Odyssey only in pre-production it seems that Behringer has underestimated what it takes to produce this kind of synth. They need to slow down, give more realistic release estimates and focus more on getting it right than over-promising to the synth community. But it will all work itself out and 2019 may well belong to Behringer and their reimagining of classic synthesizers and drum machines.

I would add a small coda to this: at least Behringer is slowing down, and picking up the loose ends, AND hiring more pros, rather than rushing stuff to market, and cutting steps and quality. AND by the way, the list of systems listed here being well down the pipeline is substantial.

2 Likes

Apparently Behringer is rummaging through these synths look for new product ideas:

• Eventide Ultra Harmonizer H3000
  • PPG Wave 2.2
  • EMU Emulator II
  • Sequential Circuits Prophet 5
  • Yamaha DX1
  • Hammond C3
  • LinnDrum

Plans for 40 different modules! in the next 2 years at a suggested retail price between US$ 49 and 99 each! This makes a larger modular system almost a sure thing for me. Granted the Behringer models are of the most fundamental sort, but that’s super useful in a rack of even a moderate size. Add a few fancier non-Behringer models to that for some personality.

these will be probably well appreciated by modders and hackers as boss pedals are now

One synth I would definitely be excited about

2 Likes

Looks like another $299’er once they get it done. I’ll definetily add this to my Behringer collection.

Love it for the colour scheme alone!

That is a obscure piece of synth history there. Good on Behringer to be preserving this in a collection. I hope it is available for others, on a special basis, to play and experiment with.

While it seems unlikely they would ever recreate the Roland SH-5 in whole; i think it makes a lot of sense for Behringer to be exploring some of the more unusual 1970’s early 1980’s (or even earlier) analog synth technologies, looking for unique techniques to incorporate in new ($299) products.

1 Like

This is a really good watch:

He convinced me to order an SF300 pedal (it’s so cheap I got it for free with Amazon points).

5 Likes