The Behringer Gear-in-progress Thread

I guess the emergence of the CoolAudio BA662 re-fab will lead to more classic Roland designs rereleased in one format or another? The SH5 filter was more than likely 662 based while I’d guess the 101 used the later IR3019 (which I believe was 4x662’s in a dip package). I’m no Roland expert but they’re were other differences no doubt.

1 Like

Another ripoff that likely won’t see the light of day for a few years has been teased…

1 Like

There are two more in the background.

One may be another Pro-16. There is also a desktop synth in the background being used by the employee though.

All of these are now off to beta-test.

1 Like

They are now on the second round of teasing for products that no one knows when will be released.

1 Like

I’m confused as to whether the Pro-16 is a 16 voice Pro 1 with all the voices sharing a filter, or a prophet clone with 16 full voices. Behringer hasn’t really put out a poly clone yet unless the deepmind 12 counts.

The article i posted up thread says it is made to resemble the Prophet 5 / Prophet 10, only with 16 voices instead.

There is a thread for this too.

2 Likes

I used to find it a little annoying when things would be announced with no indication when they would ever come out.
These days I find it far more annoying when people complain over and over about products not being released, especially given what we know about the chip shortage and what’s happening in the world.
If indeterminate release dates are so upsetting, maybe find another post to follow.

7 Likes
6 Likes

Guessing the joystick doesn’t work yet

That is one crap demo. Apart from the initial sound, the same repeating pattern and drowned by another instrument.

1 Like

the eurorack versions of the mini/soul synths are going to be incredible. imagine having a matrix 1000/jupiter 8 voice in your rack

2 Likes

The Euro-Hiro-Tribe with bass drum, snare, open and closed hi-hat and a 2 DCO synth plus filter should be great in a small box Eurorack system.

( Just speculation. )

Sounds ace! I can’t see the issue with the demo? We heard different patches covering a pretty broad spectrum used in a music context. It’s is only a teaser after all, not a fully fledged review… I prefer something like this where I can listed to the only thing that matters, the instrument, used to create a piece of music rather than sone noise. No need for any chat either, just some playing. It’s in line with their other progress/teaser vids too.

2 Likes

How did Behringer make the Eurorack ProVS so fast ?

They made it in reaction to a comment asking for this by someone seeing the ProVS “Soul” announcement. Can they really turn around new hardware in a week ?

They say they have some firmware to do – come on you software flunkies why are you holding up the project ? :crazy_face:

I am pretty sure this is a real hardware proto !
Impressive engineering !

1 Like

It looks like their Brains but with different firmware?

1 Like

Except for the joystick nose in the middle, and various other controls moved around. But it does make sense for Brains, and the Behringer Mini and Micro systems to share some internals like in particular the processor and display.

Looks to be the same width too.

Significant that Brains is back in production and on sale again.

Because if they did, the hotshot would be impeded by all the stakeholders weighing in and diluting his efforts. Big companies have a very hard time recognizing talent, much less empowering it. That’s been my experience anyways, though I’m no hotshot.

1 Like

Though I’m not really in the market for any of the mini/souls versions or this potential eurorack version I do appreciate that this is one area where B are doing something a little different and not just slavishly sticking to a design from before time began. Looking at the number of controls on the euro version of their VS it looks like it might have a bit of menu diving involved or be very reliant on external cv… be curious to see how it pans out.

However, as @Jukka suggests, a euro version of the Hiro-tribe could be really appealing and tip me over into the interested category.

2 Likes

Wen Crave?

gonna snap one up pronto when it’s released.

[edit, got the name wrong lol. I meant Edge] . WEN EDGE :laughing:

1 Like

WHOA this one is gonna be unreal. no brainer

Behringer

t5clfS0pon91o635rmlec40d03 ·

"What about we’d manage to get an authentic CS80 voice into this little box, with MIDI and motion sequencer, perhaps even 3-note polyphony.

This is a design proposal only but we think it would be possible to build this jewel for US$ 99 retail.

What do you think?"

who would have thought someone would make an analog cs-80 in the style of a volca for $99 in 2022

10 Likes